Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you buy it again?

• Yes

Votes: 132 83.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 17.0%

• Total voters

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Voted no.

I bought my Apple Watch at release. I liked it in the beginning, but as time moved on I noticed the shortcomings more and more. Ended up selling it as it was more or less useless.

Now I bought myself an Omega. It will never go out of style, it will outlive me as long as I take good care of it, I don't have to charge it or change battery and it will keep its value much better than any tech gadget

Omega's are gorgeous and I can't argue with anything you've said, but I find my Apple watch a whole lot more useful than an Omega that only tells time and date and looks pretty. I use the activity app daily, check the weather, get notifications and texts and with the Series 2 I can go 2 days without charging though I don't consider charging a problem. I've had some nice watches (not Omega quality) and rarely used them because carrying a smart phone made them pretty much useless. Apple watches are fun.

Reactions: Obi Wan Kenobi

username:

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2013
Well you should - The return policy isn't a free renting scheme - The stores obviously make great return policies to make people actually interested in buying products able to regret and return them for another size, color etc.

Mate I'm speechless. This is the richest company in the world, and I "rented" one watch for one week, to inform a future purchase. Maybe it's against the spirit of the program, but I have met Apple employees that have actually encouraged me to do just exactly what I did.

I really hope your life is a series of heavenly miracles to be accusing me.

Talkingtoaster

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2014
UK
Probably not, unless they made some major advances. While I appreciate its benefits wth my workouts and notifications, I still get my phone out my pocket. Plus sometimes I feel a bit geeky and embarrassed to wear it. Last week I went out with my normal mechanical watch on, and I never thought I would put anything over technology, but it was so nice to have a solid, chunky, mechanical watch. Really missed it.

alexforget82

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2013
Montreal, Qc
Buy a Series 0 back to march 2016, return it before 14 days.

Yesterday i buy a series 1 and i'm already thinking of returning it. Can't justify the money i spend for a extension of my iPhone.

Reactions: bhodinut

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Mate I'm speechless. This is the richest company in the world, and I "rented" one watch for one week, to inform a future purchase. Maybe it's against the spirit of the program, but I have met Apple employees that have actually encouraged me to do just exactly what I did.

I really hope your life is a series of heavenly miracles to be accusing me.

Not speechless enough t answer ?

Well they might be the richest company in the world, but I'm talking about exploiting great customer service in general when you never from the start planned to keep it - really doesn't matter if it's an Apple Watch, a scarf or a TV - just bad style man - but of course suit yourself, it's not illegal

BrickbookPro

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011

Well they might be the richest company in the world, but I'm talking about exploiting great customer service in general when you never from the start planned to keep it - really doesn't matter if it's an Apple Watch, a scarf or a TV - just bad style man - but of course suit yourself, it's not illegal

Like buying a prom dress and returning it after prom.

username:

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2013

deal with it :D

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
since i started this topic, i was on the fence. i took the plunge and bought a used 42mm SS w/ black sports band with 1yr left on AC+. though i since returned it and purchased a brand new one with a better band (leather loop) and AC+ for only $40 more than what i bought the used one for. I also got a 38mm SS for my wife who really likes it also. I have roughly 5 bands so far and really enjoy the watch.

Reactions: xDKP

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
I was always a watch user, and when the pebble came out I tried it, I did like the features but wanted more, the apple watch came out and I got one on launch - a S0 sport SG I wanted the SS but I didn't know how long it'd last with my clumsiness (for some reason i like swinging my arms about when I walk!!!). I love my apple watch, I wear it every day and it has helped me lose over 5 stone (70lb) in weight, which is great!

When the S2 came out I decided not to go for the upgrade as to me it seems like the iphone ... S model, great to get if you're new to the watch, OK if you really want the features but not enough to entice most users with the previous generation, although i did use it as an opportunity, I scoured ebay and got myself a S 0 SS apple watch for £200 really good to say I sold my SG Sport for £150! and now I have the watch I want, at a really reasonable price.

SO would I buy it again, I did! lol

Reactions: xDKP

rburly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2009
Florida
I used to hate wearing anything on my hands/fingers, but I have to have a watch at my job. Last year when the AW came out, I thought "Why would I need an Apple Watch?"

Last Spring I bought a Fitbit Surge and liked the watch with all the health information. I started thinking recently, "I have this Fitbit, maybe the AW2 will be classier and still give me all the information I want." I saw and found one that I wanted, the gold aluminum with black watch face and I had to have it. I got it last night and am still learning all it can do, but to me, these will be my watches in the future as they add to the ISO and new series come up. I'd buy it and recommend it.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
If Apple adds sleep tracking and hr/steps to be viewed on the watch face (live) then Yes.

Otherwise I will stick to a Fitbit.

The Apple watch has so much potential so I am sure but OS4 or OS5 it will be pretty awesome!

revjoel

macrumors member
May 20, 2009
I don't own one at present but my company gave me a nice 10-year anniversary gift and may purchase one. I can't decide between v1 or v2. I don't swim (often) but the GPS could be nice. Thoughts?

planetf1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014
Hampshire, UK
@revjoel I went S2 despite not needing GPS/swimming ..... in retrospect I could probably have been fine with the S1, and saved some £. The factors luring me to the S2 were a) Approx 30% battery boost [without gps] and b) The nike strap -- I went nike s2 and find it really comfy.

If I bought one again I think I'd struggle to justify these two things though....

revjoel

macrumors member
May 20, 2009
Thanks, @planetf1. That just confirmed my suspicions about which to purchase. The battery boost would be nice but I hear the next version of WatchOS is to remedy that to some extent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.