Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ernest_mecca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
California
Hey all,
I had a recent experience with Apple Support after purchasing a mid-2007 MacBook off letgo. The latest OS it’s able to run is OS X Lion (10.7.5) and the majority of Apple’s own software is incompatible with it. I contacted Apple Support and made them aware of my situation, and they were very understanding, even going so far as to send a free install disk for iWork ‘09. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or if I just made contact with a generous employee?
Thanks

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I had a recent experience with Apple Support after purchasing a mid-2007 MacBook off letgo. The latest OS it’s able to run is OS X Lion (10.7.5) and the majority of Apple’s own software is incompatible with it. I contacted Apple Support and made them aware of my situation, and they were very understanding, even going so far as to send a free install disk for iWork ‘09. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or if I just made contact with a generous employee?

I've heard tons of similar stories, but I think it varies greatly. Also depending on where you live in the world. Apple seems to deliver better support in countries where they have Apple Stores as far as I've seen and heard.

I keep old copies of everything on my Time Capsule cause I doubt they'll send me old install DVDs here in Denmark :(. On the other hand it doesn't take up that much space, And I enjoy having my own collection of iWork and iLife throughout time. As well as a bunch of copies of OS X

Reactions: ernest_mecca
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.