Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidwarren

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
I got it for free, kinda boring game if you ask me.
Is it ever any different than collecting trash and avoiding batteries?

Alan Carter

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
Australia
It's a professional production, but it bored me to tears. Even with the various elements they introduce through the game, it's extremely repetitive and shallow game play. I'm deleting it to recover the file space.

kyto

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
yeah someone else posted it thanks for the heads up to the people that didn't know it. Pretty good game :)

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Space Monkey is interesting and has the potential to be pretty hard but on first play it's way too easy.

Eh... Spore was 80MB. I'd rather have large, good games, than tiny ones of poor quality. So far the limiting factor has resoundingly been the inavailability of good games for me ....

Spore is the only one I've ever paid for, and I was pleased with it.
I was tempted by Toy Bot Diaries, but it's too buggy (and it took them way too long to fix the sound / 2.1 issue)
I downloaded and deleted a few small free ones, but Dactyl is the only one I found even vaguely entertaining.
And then Aurora Feint is the only other free game even that I have.

So I'd rather there be more high quality games, even if they take a significant amount of space, than there be a continuing deluge of garbage.
Aurora Feint is pretty good but the best game I've played so far is Trism. It's fantastic. I'm surprised you didn't try it when it was $2.99. Come to think of it, Enigmo is also a really good brain game.

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
Brilliant game, really polished with some lovely sounds and graphics.

But sector 2.5 - you need a perfect round... which is pretty ***** difficult. Can't get past it, and going to give up on the game very soon because of it.

Terrible difficulty curve.

Advance The Man

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2005
Avoid, boring. The monkey sits right in the middle of the screen and you spin him around to avoid batteries and collect trash. He turns (I think) in 1/8ths turns. Best part is the incredibly too long splash screen/video of the monkey being pushed out of a space shuttle. It was free, but deleted due to it being a very bad game. I would recommend you download only if it is free, but in the end you will delete it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.