Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cae7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
I've had my iPhone 6s for a little over a year and I have noticed a small spot where it's a little darker then the rest of the screen. Recently there have been small white vertical lines on the spot as well almost like water damage lines. Is this normal? Will this spread? I could not get the white lines in the pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    742.8 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    508.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I've had my iPhone 6s for a little over a year and I have noticed a small spot where it's a little darker then the rest of the screen. Recently there have been small white vertical lines on the spot as well almost like water damage lines. Is this normal? Will this spread? I could not get the white lines in the pictures.

Definitely can see the bluish tone. It looks like a laminate display issue or separation. Perhaps from excessive pressure.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Can you take a screen shot? It would help us better answer your question(s).
A screenshot would not help anything. If something is a hardware issue it will not show in a screenshot. The OP did the right thing by including actual photos of the device to show the issue.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
A screenshot would not help anything. If something is a hardware issue it will not show in a screenshot. The OP did the right thing by including actual photos of the device to show the issue.
I don't think those were originally added until the screenshot (or basically a photo) request was made.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I don't think those were originally added until the screenshot (or basically a photo) request was made.

See explanation below.

The photos where added after I made the request.

I know that. I never said he added them before your comment. I was trying to inform you of the difference between a screenshot and a photo of a screen, and then afterwards I was making a separate point that the OP was correct in responding to your request by posting a photo and not a screenshot.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
See explanation below.

I know that. I never said he added them before your comment. I was trying to inform you of the difference between a screenshot and a photo of a screen, and then afterwards I was making a separate point that the OP was correct in responding to your request by posting a photo and not a screenshot.
In my head I was thinking photo and said screenshot. I didn't think it was a big deal to edit my post since the OP seemed to understand my intent by posting photos, so I didn't ' fool with it. I can see that I will have to be overly careful in my posts from now on.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
If it is defective or damaged screen, a screen shot will not show anything.

Clearly his screenshot did you show the bluish tone indicating what he was referring to his post. Unless you're replying after the fact. But In any case, it's a laminate issue/separation or something from applied pressure in that general area.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Clearly his screenshot did you show the bluish tone indicating what he was referring to his post. Unless you're replying after the fact. But In any case, it's a laminate issue/separation or something from applied pressure in that general area.

I was replying to another post that suggested he do a screen shot which would not help and you could not help but to comment?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I was replying to another post that suggested he do a screen shot which would not help and you could not help but to comment?

Its part of discusion. Commenting and replying are one in the same. And actually, I did help, by offering I believed it was a laminate or display area from pressure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.