Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcortens

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Ontario Canada
Yes he was able to switch.
The point I was making was that you claimed they switched because Apple Music was the better product (competition) while that was only part of the reason for switching. They also cited, essentially, spite as a reason for switching.

(I didn't feel like rehashing the argument: A company can succeed in spite of anti-competitive practices and that success does not negate the illegality of the anti-competitive practices)

AppliedMicro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
There are a couple of logical fallacies in This post. 1 ex: EU has to interfere due to stale competition. While replying on a post describing change of services due to competition.
I‘m not following on the „fallacy“.

Yes, competition is good.
If competition exists, little need for legislators or regulators to intervene.
If there’s lack of competition however, regulation makes sense - especially when that lack of competition negatively impacts or distorts other, separate markets.

@wbeasley is free to dislike Spotify for whatever reason. Whether its their competitive whinging, audio quality, lack of videos or whatever. Don’t care. If he finds a competing service that he likes more, it’s good that he/she can switch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.