Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac_head

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2020
I was just wondering if Spotify has quitly been rolling out a new design on Mac – didn't read anything about it...Do you guys have the new design as well and – if so – is there a way to go back?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-26 um 19.45.42.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-26 um 19.45.42.png
    999.8 KB · Views: 184
  • Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-26 um 19.45.58.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-26 um 19.45.58.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 316

bbates123

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
I was just wondering if Spotify has quitly been rolling out a new design on Mac – didn't read anything about it...Do you guys have the new design as well and – if so – is there a way to go back?
I just noticed it myself this morning, and didn't like it. I was pretty much able to go back to the old look. I don't remember everything I did but there's an option in Settings called Use Compact Library Layout, then I changed the sort order for my playlists to Custom. The one thing I really wish they would have added would be trackpad swipe control, which they didn't. Now that would have been actually useful.

Reactions: mac_head

mac_head

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2020
I just noticed it myself this morning, and didn't like it. I was pretty much able to go back to the old look. I don't remember everything I did but there's an option in Settings called Use Compact Library Layout, then I changed the sort order for my playlists to Custom. The one thing I really wish they would have added would be trackpad swipe control, which they didn't. Now that would have been actually useful.
Thanks! You just saved my day :) wasn’t a fan of the new UI either, it feels that it’s really made for touch interaction, nothing you want to interact with with a mouse

Reactions: bbates123

bbates123

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
Spotify seems so inconsistent in terms of how/where it does UI updates. Different UI experience for IOS than for Android and it seems like MacOS always takes a back seat. I can't say I can understand it and I'm not a fan. For example, how you like and add songs to playlists on IOS vs Android, the experiences are worlds apart. I don't get it. Just glad I was able to get mostly back to where I was on the Mac version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.