Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
Hi,

I installed iOS 13 and WatchOS 6 recently. Does anybody know how the standing minutes are calculated? I have a standing desk and stand all day for the most part. Some days, I have much higher standing minutes. Anybody know if it does not count when I rest my hands on my desk while standing (e.g. when I type on my keyboard)? Do I have to let my arm hang on my side to get more standing minutes? I tend to rest my hands on my desk a lot when standing.

Since this is a new tracking any thoughts or ideas how to increase the standing minutes will be greatly appreciated!

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
Hi,

I installed iOS 13 and WatchOS 6 recently. Does anybody know how the standing minutes are calculated? I have a standing desk and stand all day for the most part. Some days, I have much higher standing minutes. Anybody know if it does not count when I rest my hands on my desk while standing (e.g. when I type on my keyboard)? Do I have to let my arm hang on my side to get more standing minutes? I tend to rest my hands on my desk a lot when standing.

Since this is a new tracking any thoughts or ideas how to increase the standing minutes will be greatly appreciated!
Seems it also wants movement as it doesn’t actually know your standing. So walking around and moving your arms will make it count the stand minute in my experience.

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
It takes about 40 seconds of watch movement to register. Don’t walk with a cup or leash in your watch hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.