Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quamsi

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2013
I had an brand new X (apple remanufacrued due to swollen battery). Decided to pass onto my mom to upgrade her 6+. The timing was right as a brand new X will be sufficent for her needs at least another 2-3 years.
I personally went with the 12 pro max and it feels as big an upgrade as going from my 6s+ To X did. Definitely feels years ahead of the X, which is still a beautiful and powerful device.

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
Absolutely nothing wrong with sticking to any phone that supports iOS 14 another year

especially something like iPhone X, OP. It’s effectively the same experience.

Reactions: ActionFigures

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
There are certainly notable differences.
Double the display contrast, higher max display brightness, UW in rear camera setup, better low light photos, better FaceTime camera (12 vs 7 MP), better modem, HDR video support, longer time between charges, etc.

With that said, I’m waiting until the iPhone 13 at the least because I don’t need to upgrade — my typical reason. Attractive features, however, my X doesn’t seem slow and still works fine with the tasks I currently need it to.

Homme

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Sydney
Not true. IOS13 created 30% faster FaceID which all phones with FaceID benefited from. iPhone X has the same speed unlock as every other phone.
Indeed. The FaceID tech on the X-11 lineup is the same. I don’t know about the 12 lineup if it’s the same or has some changes but I heard that there is some slight changes to its FaceID, unless I’m wrong

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.