Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
MacDevil:

I am few years behind the times. I finally found your beautiful retina wallpapers. I am looking to get those set on Apple's PNG format but all files have all gone. Do you think you can post them for me. I would like to get the Pyramid Lake image (lake, mountain, with moving stars) that ipad used as its default wallpaper. Thanks.

K

I am looking for the same thing too

I've uploaded all the original files here. The pyramid lake wallpaper is number 105. All of these files are in Apple's proprietary PNG format so you'll need a Mac to open them.

css1323

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Hello everyone, i just .rar and upload the whole package of original wallpaper. Hope it will help you.

Here's the link:

http://depositfiles.com/files/ikgdlqtoh

Old thread I know, the original OP link is now dead. For Mydriaze's link, it works but all the pics are inverted in color oddly in Windows.

I ended up just googling "105_iPad@2x~ipad" file name and manually picked up some of the original iPad wallpapers in better res.

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
Anyone want iOS 6 iPad Retina wallpapers? I still run it on my main iPad, so if any of the links here are broken, let me know what wallpaper you want and I will gladly give it to you.

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
Is it possible for you to upload the PNGs?
Yeah JPGs will compress and degrade the quality of the image, so just upload the original PNGs. As soon as you save them, iOS will more than likely compress it, and a computer will too. I hate using JPGs just for that reason, compression.

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2016
Is it possible for you to upload the PNGs?
Sure, original weird Apple PNGs right here. It seems colors will only appear correct on Apple software.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3WfUUFYjM0abHVadE1TMURHY1k&usp=sharing

Yeah JPGs will compress and degrade the quality of the image, so just upload the original PNGs. As soon as you save them, iOS will more than likely compress it, and a computer will too. I hate using JPGs just for that reason, compression.
I get that. But with an average file size of 1MB, I don't see any artifacts myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Traverse

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
Sure, original weird Apple PNGs right here. It seems colors will only appear correct on Apple software.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WfUUFYjM0aZU9DUV9GaGNXbUU

I get that. But with an average file size of 1MB, I don't see any artifacts myself.
When you are working with an image with that much detail, its hard to spot, but its there.
[doublepost=1471640932][/doublepost]Its nicer to have the originals than conversions.

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2016
Any way we can get these stock wallpapers updated for the iPad Pro 10.5"? Thanks!
Updated? You mean in even higher resolution? Those original iOS 5/6 images probably don't exist in a higher resolution than 2048x2048. I don't have any newer, post-iOS 6 Apple wallpapers either.

ayobonus

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2008
Updated? You mean in even higher resolution? Those original iOS 5/6 images probably don't exist in a higher resolution than 2048x2048. I don't have any newer, post-iOS 6 Apple wallpapers either.

Yeah, sorry. By "updated" I meant "updated resolution" for the newer iPads. 2048x2048 works fine, but slightly low-res on the iPad 10.5. I just really love the original iPad wallpaper :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.