Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felt.

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Canada
I never started..and thanks to the fantastic work from the jb community I don't see any reason to. :p

muddy cleats

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2007
I get a lot of free apps. if they work ok and have utility then I look to upgrade to a paid app that has similar yet more function.

Some apps look awesome but are priced so outrageous like MLb and F1. The F1 timing app is amazing but not for $32

I'm guessing that since meaningful app development didn't start until developers had ipads in their hands it will be at least until November before we see a plethora of great apps hitting the market.

Mr.Bender

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2010
Well I've bought a bit more than 100$ worth of apps so far but I don't think I'll be buying many more. Maybe a few games and once I get to take the iPad in class I'll get iannotate.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Alcoholics anonymous, gamblers anonymous .. Apple should be setting up an Apps anonymous for all we addicts :D

Indeed!!! I took mine to a meeting today...was going to DL the big book...but the bloody 3g connection wouldn't punch through the churches walls! Caught a resentment in a meeting!!

Seriously though, I am disappointed in how slow some of the apps are to being updated. I guess it is ignorance on not knowing what is involved. But when I download an app, and it runs like an ipod app, I pretty much delete it. I wish I could keep up with the ones that are cool, but need updating.

Actually, I started a Google Docs note on it today about one that crashed...and need to add the ones that I try but delete right away.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
Basically, your flaunting the fact that you don't have to spend Money on apps while the are millions that do.

BRAVO! BRAVO!..........

When will stupid threads stop?

Tulipone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
Huntingdon UK
Basically, your flaunting the fact that you don't have to spend Money on apps while the are millions that do.

BRAVO! BRAVO!..........

When will stupid threads stop?

Why not see the forum as a community that likes to be involved? If you don't want to be involved why not go some place else? Look, now we have both wasted some electrons.

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
I used to buy apps more often but now very rarely. It does seems I have all the useful apps I need already. That being said I don't often get new apps on my Mac either as I also already have the most useful ones and it isn't that often anything new gets written that interests me.

As far as iPhone apps go whenever I pay for one I always regret it these days. The last one I paid for was Shazam Red, as regular Shazam only allows 5 tags a month.

It really doesn't do anything for me that the free version used to. In the future I will be careful to upgrade apps if they are only limiting a feature to push their paid app. That being said I like Shazam so it wasn't any big deal.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I spend between 10-20 bucks a month on apps for my iPhone and iPad. I get mostly games but I do have some productivity software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.