Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
So far I've been really happy with the Peak straps.

I ended up with 4 of the standard ones, although one I have yet to even unbox as 3 is honestly probably one two many for me given how well their quick connect/disconnect system works. I did also get the "lite" for my X-T5, and it's a really nice addition on there(although I like the stock Fuji strap).

I've also bought a bunch of extra anchors, even though each strap comes with 4. The anchors are relatively inexpensive at $10 for 4.

Carrying two cameras cross-body is super comfortable with them, and I like how much length the straps give me to do that.

Also, I've been pleasantly surprised at how well this set-up handles...and it's nice to be able to just shift the strap over from the camera to the lens when I want to use the lens rather than dealing with both straps at the same time. This is about as much weight as I would conceivably throw at something at a time-the only thing I could really do to add more is add in a teleconverter(and even though I have the full set of 1.4, 1.7, and 2x I rarely need longer than 300mm). I don't see a 400mm f/2.8 in my future. The 300mm is JUST justifiable for me even though it sits more than is used. The few times I need a 400mm, the 300+1.4x does me fine.

IMG_0027.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.