Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbprouserirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2021
Hi there,
I have an iPhone13 with the eir network (Irish). Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney plus have all stopped working. I try and watch something and I get a message to say something has gone wrong. I deleted Netflix and reinstalled and no change. Restarting the handset makes no difference as well. I updated to iOS 15.0.1 and I think this has had a knock on effect. Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I couldn't say if iOS 15.0.1 is a problem. I'm assuming the EIR you're referencing is your broadband provider.

DNS is one thing to check. You might try manually setting your DNS servers (to some good public ones) on the iPhone for that wifi network. Alternately, you could set them manually on your router's firmware.

mbprouserirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2021
I couldn't say if iOS 15.0.1 is a problem. I'm assuming the EIR you're referencing is your broadband provider.

DNS is one thing to check. You might try manually setting your DNS servers (to some good public ones) on the iPhone for that wifi network. Alternately, you could set them manually on your router's firmware.
Thanks Brian, this is over both 4G/5G and wifi so Im not sure if DNS is an issue(?). In any case I haven't changed them. I can't even play downloaded media either from each streaming provider.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
For cellular you can't do anything on the iPhone regarding DNS servers so if the ones specified by the provider are the issue it's on them.

How are those apps when on wifi?

Maybe someone on iOS 15.0.1 can shed some light.

Anyway, you might want to call the provider and see if there's something they can do.

Cupiii

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2021
I also have an Iphone 13 pro max And Netflix as well as Prime video stopped working with 15.0.1. Wife has Iphone 12 pro max and Netflix still works with 15.0.1. So its nit a Network issue. I read on Apple forums that Resetting iphone and starting as a new iphone is the only thing that helps. Resetting and Restoring iphone does not help. I contacted Netflix support but that was of no help. I filed a bug at Apple support. Resetting without restoring is no option for me.

mbprouserirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2021
In the end I reset my phone and reinstalled the apps. When I started Netflix I was asking to 'find and connect devices on your local network'. The first time around I idle trapped 'Ok'; after the reinstall I tapped the 'Don't allow' and Netflix played. This was the same for Prime, Apple TV and Disney+.

Cupiii

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2021
In the end I reset my phone and reinstalled the apps. When I started Netflix I was asking to 'find and connect devices on your local network'. The first time around I idle trapped 'Ok'; after the reinstall I tapped the 'Don't allow' and Netflix played. This was the same for Prime, Apple TV and Disney+.
So you resetted and didn’t use a backup? You did all by hand?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.