Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shingo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2024
Hello👋 My name is Shingo Eguchi, and I'm excited to share with you a Mac app I've been developing called Strflow.
After receiving encouraging feedback from a previous share on Reddit, I thought it might be of interest to this community as well, and I would be grateful for any feedback.

Strflow is a native Mac application aimed at simplifying note-taking with a chat-like interface that helps you build a personal timeline. It offers:
  • Chronological, chat-like note entry.
  • Tagging for organization.
  • Global shortcuts for quick access.
  • A native Mac app look and feel.
  • Encrypted iCloud backup & synchronization.

The latest update, Strflow 1.1.0, introduces customizable timestamps, 'all day' notes, and enhanced keyboard control.

I'd appreciate any feedback or thoughts you might have after trying it out!

Web Site

Mac App Store

About the Developer

I am a software engineer based in Japan, working mainly in system programming. Strflow is my side project, started without connections in this field but thankfully gaining a user base due to some positive responses. I am deeply grateful to every user from the early days of Strflow. Although development may be slower than full-time developers, I am passionate about continuing this journey.

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Just downloaded. It seems very polished! I haven't figured out how I might use it, but I'll keep it around and see how it fits in.

I currently use Things for my tasks/projects, and often use Agenda as a general place to keep information.

I could see Strflow being useful for me at work, maybe -- I'll often keep open a plain text document in meetings to quickly jot something down. Strflow might replace that.

Thanks for making this!

edit: right now I'm leaning into the hashtags -- knowing that anything I type here is going to end up going somewhere else. So, I put #Things or #email or #calendar at the end so I know what further processing of the note I intend to do later. Very much digging the simplicity of this, and the polish.

Last edited:
Reactions: shingo

shingo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2024
Just downloaded. It seems very polished! I haven't figured out how I might use it, but I'll keep it around and see how it fits in.

I currently use Things for my tasks/projects, and often use Agenda as a general place to keep information.

I could see Strflow being useful for me at work, maybe -- I'll often keep open a plain text document in meetings to quickly jot something down. Strflow might replace that.

Thanks for making this!
Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm curious to see if Strflow fits into your workflow.

I personally feel it's well-suited for casually jotting down notes as if you're logging your own thoughts and activities.

Reactions: ignatius345
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.