Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you alter your Apple card to look different ?

• Total voters

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
On 9-5 https://9to5mac.com/2019/09/04/bare-metal-apple-card/ article shows what the Apple card looks like after it was stripped of the white coating:
bare-metal-Apple-Card.jpg

Would anyone like to do this ?

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
Why would someone even want to that? I personally don’t care what it looks like. Although, I do like it.

Have gotten numerous compliments on the card’s look at restaurants.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Why would someone even want to that? I personally don’t care what it looks like. Although, I do like it.

Have gotten numerous compliments on the card’s look at restaurants.
Maybe the person that did that wanted to look exclusive like an American Express Platinum card. ??

Reactions: rugmankc

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Looks fine to me, like the finish on the JP Morgan Reserve credit card. I wouldn't personally do it for fear of accidentally damaging the EMV chip. But it looks like a great option to keep the card looking nicer in the long run since it won't have the white coat on it.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Looks fine to me, like the finish on the JP Morgan Reserve credit card. I wouldn't personally do it for fear of accidentally damaging the EMV chip. But it looks like a great option to keep the card looking nicer in the long run since it won't have the white coat on it.
The stripped titanium material is subject to oxidation which is why the original white titanium dioxide coating is there for a reason.

Guess you can clear coat the exposed titanium and not paint over the EMV chip ??

Reactions: H3boy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.