Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bstegner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2020
I have a M1 MBA and I am looking for a reliable Thunderbolt 3 or 4 dock for my home setup with the following requirements...

1. Dual DisplayPort's (with HDR support) for my dual 4k DisplayPort Monitors (non usb-c/thunderbolt)
2. 3ft (or longer, or extendable) thunderbolt connection to laptop, preferable connection on the back or side.
3. At least one thunderbolt (10gbs) port in back and one or more usb-c/thunderbolt ports on front.
4. At least one usb A on the back
5. 1gb Network (but 10gb preferred)

With all that said, I will be connecting it to a not yet purchased dual DisplayPort KVM switch to go between my Windows Desktop and my MacBook, so, if anybody has any suggestions on one of those please let me know also. :)

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
I have a M1 MBA and I am looking for a reliable Thunderbolt 3 or 4 dock for my home setup with the following requirements...

1. Dual DisplayPort's (with HDR support) for my dual 4k DisplayPort Monitors (non usb-c/thunderbolt)
2. 3ft (or longer, or extendable) thunderbolt connection to laptop, preferable connection on the back or side.
3. At least one thunderbolt (10gbs) port in back and one or more usb-c/thunderbolt ports on front.
4. At least one usb A on the back
5. 1gb Network (but 10gb preferred)

With all that said, I will be connecting it to a not yet purchased dual DisplayPort KVM switch to go between my Windows Desktop and my MacBook, so, if anybody has any suggestions on one of those please let me know also. :)
The M1 MacBooks only support a single external display. People have reported success using DisplayLink hubs for additional external monitor support but I don't know if those support HDR.

Reactions: swrobel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.