Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThanatosId

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
just a heads up to those with custom docks and a heads up to summerboard developers. I'd love to have both working in harmony.:)

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
I just noticed that as well - wasn't sure which app caused DockSwap to stop functioning, since i updated/installed a bunch of things at once...

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
yeah thats the first thing i noticed... but both dock swap and summerboard should really just be merged into one app... summerboard should support both wallpapers and docks

nateinva

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2007
Just upgraded....glad I'm not the only one...

Grrrr..........

I had everything set up just perfect before Summerboard 2 hit today...

It also is overriding having 5+ icons in the dock via rSBT or whatever it's called. So this plus incompatibility with Dockswap are extremely annoying at the moment!

All I want from Summerboard is the ability to scroll and the wallpaper. Leave the dock alone or merge them all together!

(and on a side note, thank you to all the developers for your hard work, it'll all get worked out)

Nathan

Lionheart

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Tampa, FL
Grrrr..........

I had everything set up just perfect before Summerboard 2 hit today...

It also is overriding having 5+ icons in the dock via rSBT or whatever it's called. So this plus incompatibility with Dockswap are extremely annoying at the moment!

All I want from Summerboard is the ability to scroll and the wallpaper. Leave the dock alone or merge them all together!

(and on a side note, thank you to all the developers for your hard work, it'll all get worked out)

Nathan

Yes...what a bummer! This update whacked my dock. I'm not a happy camper. I wish I could go back one version.

Hey Summerboard dudes....give us our 5 wide dock back, PLEASE...without the microscopic version you have now....AND the ability to keep our custom dock images. We LOVE your app, but you went too far this time. Can we have our old looks back...PLEASE??
:(

linshiwen

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2007
YES I dearly miss my 5 icon dock (camera belongs in the dock, obviously) and transparent dock. Im shocked this hasnt been fixed yet.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
without the microscopic version you have now

I agree, the "Mini" Dock size is too small. The size should be about halfway between the "Mini" and the "Large" setting, even give us a slider to chose our own custom size or have more than two sizes to chose from.

linshiwen

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2007
I dont like the mini size at all. It doesnt make any sense to me that the most important and most commonly used applications are the smallest, most marginalized icons!

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
Just found a fix for using DockSwap again

Go to SummerBoard Prefs app (SMBPrefs), and uncheck "Theme Dock"
(and "Theme Wallpaper" if you want to use your own)...

img9006db8.png

And here's my phone using latest Summerboard app and DockSwap app:

img9007to2.png

-hope this helps...

Lionheart

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Tampa, FL
Summerboard Update - 5 wide dock is back

Just upgraded Summerboard...we now have a 5 wide dock option at full size, plus the ability to choose which parts of their themes we want to use and a couple of other features.

Thanks guys...we knew you'd come through for us!

One request - Some of us like 12 icons on the home screen...we can do this with sRBT but you guys are still over-riding that one. I'm back to using my dummy apps to do this.

Can we have that option too, please?

Thanks again...you guys ROCK!
:):):)

odyssey924

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

excellent job to all involved in this app, it works very well!

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
I want to use this, but I already started using ifuntastic & it makes the background weird looking & doesn't seems kinda glitchy looking because ifuntastic changes the look of the icons to make a background.... any option other than restore if i want to start using summerboard to manage my home screen instead of ifuntastic?

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I want to use this, but I already started using ifuntastic & it makes the background weird looking & doesn't seems kinda glitchy looking because ifuntastic changes the look of the icons to make a background.... any option other than restore if i want to start using summerboard to manage my home screen instead of ifuntastic?

Restore your phone, use the AppTapp installer, and never use iFuntastic again.

zinj

macrumors member
May 23, 2007
One request - Some of us like 12 icons on the home screen...we can do this with sRBT but you guys are still over-riding that one. I'm back to using my dummy apps to do this.
What? You mean like the orignal 3 rows of 4 apps on the home screen? Unless I'm thinking of something else, you can already do that with summerboard, just turn "Skip Last Row" to On under Advanced.

smak

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2007
This update is really nice. I'm using the new theme, and like the different icons for email, ipod, photos etc...

I still think a little smaller dock that fit 6 icons would be perfect, but this is great.

Now on with the adding of new themes.

-smak-

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Three of the icon reflections on your dock don't match. :p

lol i know... i was going to make a new dock... but its not that big of a difference.. so kinda lazy to do it... because im going to have to redo the whole dock... anyone have a .psd of the dock file i am using?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.