Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Any update on exactly at what time the pre-orders will start? I've heard Nov 2nd, is that 0:01AM PST or 03:01 EST? Thanks

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
A shame they won’t be carrying the 512GB or 1TB models. I haven’t heard about a specific time, so I would assume the usual 3:01AM PST.
I saw a price list from T-Mobile and it included all models. Correction, you are right only 64 and 256.

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
A shame they won’t be carrying the 512GB or 1TB models. I haven’t heard about a specific time, so I would assume the usual 3:01AM PST.

What?! That sucks! I want the 1TB to be my daily driver. I guess I’ll just turn in my iPad 12.9 2017 and not continue with T-Mobile with Upgrade OnDeman. Bye bye T-Mobile. I already am leasing my iPhone with Apple instead of T-Mobile. They are losing my business slowly.

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

vkuber

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
No luck pre-ordering through the mobile T-Moble app and/or phone. Darn.

Last edited:

StorytellingPastor

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Yea... same here. I am going to try again at 6:01am EST. I just wish they would be clearer with their strategy...

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
Probably because they know people won’t pay a $979 down payment since T-Mobile always wants their EIP not to exceed $30 per month

Reactions: BrianSoCal

StorytellingPastor

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
I reached out to T-Mobile this morning and basically said, their press release said they would have them in store on 11/7, so surely they could also get them to our doors on 11/7 (everyone I have talked with have the 11/9 date as the earliest.) The rep responded by telling me because I didn’t have “one day shipping” that I wouldn’t get it tomorrow.

I promptly replied to her and said that was crap, because when I ordered they would not allow me to upgrade shipping. They said the item was “backordered” even though it was a preorder. And she went on to say there is no way to upgrade shipping now.

I highly doubt we see these in anyone’s hands tomorrow unless you try your luck in a store. I am really hoping early orders get charged today, they ship tonight, and arrive Thursday... though that almost seems impossible now.

Hoping to see movement soon!

B.A.T

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2009
Idaho
I reached out to T-Mobile this morning and basically said, their press release said they would have them in store on 11/7, so surely they could also get them to our doors on 11/7 (everyone I have talked with have the 11/9 date as the earliest.) The rep responded by telling me because I didn’t have “one day shipping” that I wouldn’t get it tomorrow.

I promptly replied to her and said that was crap, because when I ordered they would not allow me to upgrade shipping. They said the item was “backordered” even though it was a preorder. And she went on to say there is no way to upgrade shipping now.

I highly doubt we see these in anyone’s hands tomorrow unless you try your luck in a store. I am really hoping early orders get charged today, they ship tonight, and arrive Thursday... though that almost seems impossible now.

One more day isn't going to kill you.

MadeByApple

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2015

Lol two day delay and your wasting your time and energy complaining to TMobile.

Give them a break. I’m sure you have more important things to focus on (I hope). You’ll get the iPad eventually.

Don’t let a minor delay ruin your day/mood. You’ll be much more happier once you start letting small stuff like this pass.

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
i mean technically they can get charged today and shipped tonight as well. We've seen that happen with iPhone pre-orders. As long as they get to your UPS hub within 12-4 am it will be delivered.

StorytellingPastor

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Lol... gotta love the internet. I was not complaining... I hadn’t seen many updates so I was sharing what i knew.

brianone

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2018
I pre-ordered mine on the phone with T-mobile on Friday. I was also given the option of next day shipping for $11 which I also took. Was given a ship date of 11/9 as well. My credit card has not been charged as of yet. Ordered Pencil and Keyboard case from apple directly. Will see what happens.

vkuber

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
I pre-ordered mine on the phone with T-mobile on Friday. I was also given the option of next day shipping for $11 which I also took. Was given a ship date of 11/9 as well. My credit card has not been charged as of yet. Ordered Pencil and Keyboard case from apple directly. Will see what happens.

When I usually pre-order something from T-Mobile I would at least see under the 'Activity' header on the right of the order being placed with some info. I don't even see that even with my EIP signed, etc. Speaking to someone on the T-Mobile line they said the order has been placed + back-ordered. No charge on my card, etc.

brianone

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2018
When I usually pre-order something from T-Mobile I would at least see under the 'Activity' header on the right of the order being placed with some info. I don't even see that even with my EIP signed, etc. Speaking to someone on the T-Mobile line they said the order has been placed + back-ordered. No charge on my card, etc.

Same for me.

brianone

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2018
I am feeling confident that T-mobile will begin shipping their ipads today as well. I will remain confident. haha

brianone

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2018
If it does not ship today, I will try to buy a WIFI one at apple and then cancel the T-mobile order as I leave for a trip on Friday and wont be around this weekend. Will also save me some $$

afallnstar

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Seattle
Has anyone been charged yet? I ordered a 12.9" 256 from T-Mobile on Friday and no charges yet. Shipping shows 11/12-11/15.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.