Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fpmtngal

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2022
Yep, can’t wait to watch it. Best show I’ve seen in a long time and yes, there will is/will be a lot of dust around this time of year. Been watching the previous seasons, it’s a show I can watch over and over again.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
Looking forward to the new season. Rewatched the series to get ready and I think I liked Season 2 a little more the second time, even though I still found it melodramatic. I hope Season 3 brings back a somewhat hopeful tone of the first season. Is it official that this is the final season because they haven't acted like this is the final season.

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
Looking forward to the new season. Rewatched the series to get ready and I think I liked Season 2 a little more the second time, even though I still found it melodramatic. I hope Season 3 brings back a somewhat hopeful tone of the first season. Is it official that this is the final season because they haven't acted like this is the final season.
It's the last season of Ted Lasso... but thats not to say we've heard the last of everyone involved. Who knows what potential spinoffs could be on the cards.

alexhardaker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
Season 3 feels different to me. Does anyone else think the same? The acting or something else seems different. I’m not quite sure how to describe it, but it’s not awful or anything like that.

It’s a bit like the feeling you get when you think a sequel isn’t as good as the first film.

Reactions: cthompson94

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Season 3 feels different to me. Does anyone else think the same? The acting or something else seems different. I’m not quite sure how to describe it, but it’s not awful or anything like that.

It’s a bit like the feeling you get when you think a sequel isn’t as good as the first film.
I can't remember the source, but I remember reading that Ted Lasso follows the original Star Wars trilogy a bit.

Season 1 (A New Hope) is hopeful.

Season 2 (The Empire Strikes Back) is darker.

Season 3 (Return of the Jedi) might be about overcoming your fear?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
My wife saw an episode or two of season one and it didn’t do it for her, hence we didn’t watch it. About a month or so ago based on family recommendations we decided to give it another shot.

The second time around she fell into it and we blew through season one. Now starting season two.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal

I agree! It feels different and it isn't necessarily bad, but it isn't the same as the feeling of Season 1. There isn't a spoiler tag on the thread, so I will just say that

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
I agree! It feels different and it isn't necessarily bad, but it isn't the same as the feeling of Season 1. There isn't a spoiler tag on the thread, so I will just say that
I think a big part of it is that each main character has shown growth and have changed from the first two seasons. Seeing the way Roy is written is refreshing and still funny.

Enjoying this season so far.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
This season is a huge disappointment. There is nothing funny anymore and no more character development. Looks like this show was great only for one season (same as The Morning Show).

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
This season is a huge disappointment. There is nothing funny anymore and no more character development. Looks like this show was great only for one season (same as The Morning Show).
I have been disappointed with season 3 as well thus far and I think most of it has to do with the purposeful (and overt) signaling agenda in the storyline, which I do not like.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
Yep. That’s basically the same complaint I hear from people I know who watch it. They’re all losing interest because they say the show is no longer funny.

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
I would still say there is character development,
but it certainly is character development where each episode is constantly bouncing around to show and not being done as a group like the first season. I personally do not like the way the show is going about the character development. To me, it feels too jumpy and this season just doesn't seem organized at all.
I hope I haven't said too much because I know there is no spoiler tag on this thread so I just threw my 2 cents in a spoiler tag

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
Interesting that people have lost interest in this season. But that's cool. I really am enjoying the development of Jaime and Roy. I thought this week episode was really good to see how the characters in focus had their story take that next step.

I honestly believe that Ted is going to resign and go home to his kid with Roy taking over as manager of the club.

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
Interesting that people have lost interest in this season. But that's cool. I really am enjoying the development of Jaime and Roy. I thought this week episode was really good to see how the characters in focus had their story take that next step.

I honestly believe that Ted is going to resign and go home to his kid with Roy taking over as manager of the club.
It isn't that I have lost interest in this season, it just seems so much more different of a show compared to the season one. The first season to me was a good look about team building and even the second season, but season two is when you start to see the change a little. Season three though, the story arc of Zavah was kind of weird, but still fit along the "teamwork" thing with showing them that they do not need just one "good" person to be a good team, while also now bouncing around quite a few different story arcs.

To me, while I still like the show because I do enjoy the characters and the comedy of the show I am confused of the true story of what is being told (I hope I worded that right). I think the same thing is going to happen, but after a big win that will happen and I can see Rebecca standing down her position especially after this past episode and I agree with seeing Roy take the position as Manager of the Club.

Reactions: Fozzybadfeet

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I've also felt that this season has been a bit disappointing, although I really liked last night's episode. I'm happy the Zavah thing is done - I just didn't 'buy' it. I couldn't imagine professional footballers being that overtly star-struck by another player, no matter how good.

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
I feel like this season has been way better than season 2 was. Season 1 was amazing, season 2 was disappointing. I feel like they got their mojo back this season.

I too am glad that Zava thing is done.... Obviously he was supposed to be like Zlatan but one can only take so much of that.

Last weeks episode in Amsterdamn was so good. I can feel the show building to something... but I just can't shake the feeling something bad is going to happen to Ted.

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
I don't really wanna talk too much about this episode but something happened with Nate that could indicate a turning point. He went to the bathroom to do his usual angry spit-and-be-confident trick but then didn't. And yet he still ended up asking the waitress out. Rupert brings out the worst in him... I hope this is a sign that he's not a lost cause.

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
I don't really wanna talk too much about this episode but something happened with Nate that could indicate a turning point. He went to the bathroom to do his usual angry spit-and-be-confident trick but then didn't. And yet he still ended up asking the waitress out. Rupert brings out the worst in him... I hope this is a sign that he's not a lost cause.
I Agree with you, the real question is how will the team react 🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.