Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
Yeah, the last two episodes were very good.

Roy giggling during the 'rope' drill lololol
I was laughing probably way harder than I needed to be during that scene, I think it was mainly the look of pure joy that Roy showed that just really made it.

I do agree with your other post though, I think it will either be that or somehow he is going to get the final round to lose on purpose to maybe try to make up for basically backstabbing the team

Reactions: Fozzybadfeet

Obi Wan Kenobi

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2011
London, UK
I'm really enjoying season 3.

If you've re-watched seasons 1 and 2, there are a lot of easter eggs that might otherwise go unnoticed, eg Oklahoma and pillow fight.

I've really enjoyed the development of the characters of Tart and Kent as well as Nate's journey.

A couple of episodes have been single-issue episodes that were a bit laboured, but it's clearly the last season, so I forgive them for that. If they wanted to say something on those points, it was now or never.

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
Absolutely fantastic. Nicely wrapped up but still leaving enough loose ends untied for the imagination to fill in gaps. So many subtleties cand call-backs in the final episode, brilliant. Do I wish there was more? Yes. Do we truly NEED more? Possibly not. Hoping maybe for one final Christmas special perhaps in the future though.

Reactions: Fozzybadfeet

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
Absolutely fantastic. Nicely wrapped up but still leaving enough loose ends untied for the imagination to fill in gaps. So many subtleties cand call-backs in the final episode, brilliant. Do I wish there was more? Yes. Do we truly NEED more? Possibly not. Hoping maybe for one final Christmas special perhaps in the future though.
Didn't they already have a claymation Christmas episode or an actual Christmas special similar to the BBC Network shows? lol

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
I was late to the show because I have no interest in football but am very pleased to have found it. I loved it, thought the third series was as good as the rest.

Obi Wan Kenobi

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2011
London, UK
I really enjoyed season 3.

I liked how they ended it. The final few episodes were the best of the season, and especially the finale.

I also think it's the right place to end the show. I'm not sure how much scope there is for further episodes.

They've had a great idea for a sitcom. They've explored all the realistic avenues that are consistent with its idea. The story arcs are resolved in a satisfactory way without credence being stretched too far.

Time for all to move along.

wba1990

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2015
Birmingham, England
Just finished S3, gutted it's ended and I'd love to see more - however I also get why they are ending it now, too often we see series that run their course that go onto have 7/8 seasons

Probably one of my favourite series I've watched tbh, being a huge football fan, and the fact it's an easy watch

Interesting if they do decide to run any spin off from it

Reactions: audiomixer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.