Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
Anyone else having terrible battery life on a S5 after updating to 6.2? I thought it was because I’d dictated a message through the Telegram app (I’ve had this problem before when I do that - see my thread I posted earlier) but after a full charge, it’s gone down to 94% after half an hour! Also not getting haptic feedback.

Nütztjanix

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2019
Germany
For me, it's the opposite. The last two to three weeks on 6.1.2 showed degraded battery life. Today (first day on 6.2) is much better. 72% left after 12 hours - same usage as always.

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
For me, it's the opposite. The last two to three weeks on 6.1.2 showed degraded battery life. Today (first day on 6.2) is much better. 72% left after 12 hours - same usage as always.

What Series is your watch? I was ok yesterday (I updated Wednesday evening) but since I dictated a Telegram message from my watch this morning, it's been terrible even after a full charge.

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
Anyone else having terrible battery life on a S5 after updating to 6.2? I thought it was because I’d dictated a message through the Telegram app (I’ve had this problem before when I do that - see my thread I posted earlier) but after a full charge, it’s gone down to 94% after half an hour! Also not getting haptic feedback.

Had the same problem and a reset of the watch (pressing and holding button and crown) fixed it.

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
Had the same problem and a reset of the watch (pressing and holding button and crown) fixed it.

Thank you. I restarted my watch and iPhone because I was told that works and it has done in the passed, but this time it's only helped a bit.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Last time i had a battery life issue after an update i just deleted a few apps on my watch which fixed the issue.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I have been having some issues as well. Several times during the day and most mornings, I find the display blank. Tapping the display does nothing, resetting does nothing. I see the apple logo but the watch face never returns. The only way to get it going again is to put it on the charger. Once I do, within a minute, it boots up and its back again with generally more than 50% battery. It’s like it thinks the battery is dead. I have unpaired and paired again and reset. Removed apps. It will sort out I bet once the next update is out but rough until then.

To experiment, I unpaired again and setup as new. No reset for the day and a half so it must be app related but not sure which one. I have gone back to previous backup because I dont want to lose too much data in sleep apps and other apps.

Reactions: Carrotcruncher

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
S4 SS 44 and seeing a large battery drain overnight and that is while it is in airplane mode and theatre switched on (I wear it overnight).

I wear my S5 over night. 100% when I go to bed, usually around 85% when I wake up (DND and Cinema Mode on).

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I stripped a load of apps off the watch that I didn't really use. Since doing that the batter has been back to normal. 100% when I go to bed and 90% when I get up. It seems that the issue is probably with a rogue app somewhere or other.

Smeen

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2020
I have used my W5 (gps)44mm for my first day.
Put it on 06:15 in the morning
Have read some news and also some notifications etc,workout for 50min with music.
The only thing that i have off is the noise level. Now i have 46% left? Think this is really good if i compare what i have read here

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
My 44mm S5 Ceramic battery life is terrible after the update to 6.2. I burn through 5-6% an hour on most days. Prior to this update I’d have 50-60% after 10 hours and now I’m closer to 40% after 10 hours.

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
I've been having nothing but problems in regard to battery life on my S5 with 6.2. It dies within hours of taking it off the charger. I've re-paired multiple times, no third party apps, still has terrible battery life. I'm not discounting it could be a hardware problem, but it definitely coincided with 6.2.

Reactions: Carrotcruncher

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
I've been having nothing but problems in regard to battery life on my S5 with 6.2. It dies within hours of taking it off the charger. I've re-paired multiple times, no third party apps, still has terrible battery life. I'm not discounting it could be a hardware problem, but it definitely coincided with 6.2.

Try restarting both your Watch and iPhone at the same time. I was given this advice on here and it certainly helped me. If not, reset your Watch.

chasescott66

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Recently my series 4 will barely last until 5pm, and that is putting it on my wrist at 8am. When I go to run at 5:15, it is dead half a mile in. Not sure what the issue is, there have been a couple of software updates that I guess could be the issue, but a month ago I was able to easily get 16-18 hours out of it, now I can barely get 9.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Recently my series 4 will barely last until 5pm, and that is putting it on my wrist at 8am. When I go to run at 5:15, it is dead half a mile in. Not sure what the issue is, there have been a couple of software updates that I guess could be the issue, but a month ago I was able to easily get 16-18 hours out of it, now I can barely get 9.
Take a look at the apps you use on the watch and what permissions you allow. You could have 1 or more rogue apps acting up or, could be some kind of iOS corruption. If the apps usage looks fine, you might consider re-pairing.

Carrotcruncher

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2019
I really don’t like this watch, the faces suck, there are no custom ones, the charging takes forever and the battery sucks, unfortunately there is nothing to replace it with yet but I won’t be buying another, I have come to the conclusion that Apple is just overpriced, if they spent as much time sorting out the battery and software as they do on new emojis they would be way ahead of the competition, today it took over 2 hours to charge my series’s 5 to 100%, it’s utterly pathetic
[automerge]1588101691[/automerge]
Send it back !

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I really don’t like this watch, the faces suck, there are no custom ones, the charging takes forever and the battery sucks, unfortunately there is nothing to replace it with yet but I won’t be buying another, I have come to the conclusion that Apple is just overpriced, if they spent as much time sorting out the battery and software as they do on new emojis they would be way ahead of the competition, today it took over 2 hours to charge my series’s 5 to 100%, it’s utterly pathetic
[automerge]1588101691[/automerge]

Send it back !
Apple are wayyyy ahead of the comp. It’s not even close.

Apple watch is the one product that apple are miles ahead of. Most people charge at night so really most don’t care how long it takes to charge. However it certainly shouldn’t take that long to charge. That’s not really normal.

given what the Apple Watch does a starting price of $399 is pretty damn good value. Sure you. Can say it’s overpriced if you get the Hermes/ceramic but not the aluminium models.

Not everybody’s device will be Perfect. There can be issues here and there but generally most will be fine.

Battery life on mine is fine now. I go to bed with about 30-40% charge now which is fine.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Apple are wayyyy ahead of the comp. It’s not even close.

Apple watch is the one product that apple are miles ahead of. Most people charge at night so really most don’t care how long it takes to charge. However it certainly shouldn’t take that long to charge. That’s not really normal.

given what the Apple Watch does a starting price of $399 is pretty damn good value. Sure you. Can say it’s overpriced if you get the Hermes/ceramic but not the aluminium models.

Not everybody’s device will be Perfect. There can be issues here and there but generally most will be fine.

Battery life on mine is fine now. I go to bed with about 30-40% charge now which is fine.

I totally agree. I’ve been wearing mine for 4 hours and lost 17% but that includes a 4 mile run this morning. My original series 5 Nike had a worst battery than the replacement I received too. It can be hit and miss but overall I think the AW is a brilliant device. I think I was more excited to get it than an iPhone lol. If I keep this for 3 years as planned, £399 is a bargain!

Reactions: The Game 161
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.