Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idea_hamster

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2003
NYC, or thereabouts
Interesting....

The page loads fine -- as quick as anything for me.

If I ask the page to refresh, it will -- but if I again click refresh before the image has fully displayed, I get the broken image link "?-in-a-box".

Maybe just a Safari thing.... Looks very cool!

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
idea_hamster said:
The page loads fine -- as quick as anything for me.

If I ask the page to refresh, it will -- but if I again click refresh before the image has fully displayed, I get the broken image link "?-in-a-box".

Maybe just a Safari thing.... Looks very cool!

Probably is a Safari thing. Doesn't do that in DeerPark Alpha 2. :cool:

llama

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
Yebot said:
How weird would it be to have a webcam hooked up to it so it could take pictures of itself and serve itself to the in'ernet while we all load up the images it takes with a webcam picture of itself and serves it to us using apache so we can see the picture it took of itself.

My brain hurts.
Huh??? Sorry, I lost you at the webcam taking pictures of itself.

lduncan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
ChCh New Zealand
I have now got a webcam plugged into it, and it's "streaming" video over the internet.

It's probably a bit dark, and it's just a cheap webcam so the image isn't that great. It is better with more light.

The "streaming" is not how it will be done. At the moment it's just a meta refresh ("client pull") which only allows a max frame rate of 1fps. I should be able to get 10 to 15 fps without to much trouble, using a "server push" approach. I just need to get php compiled for this to work.

Resolution is set at 352 x 288, cause my upstream BW is limited.

Here's the link again http://lduncan.dyndns.org

And a picture of the hardware which is doing all the work (for those that didn't see it last time):

board2.jpg

Layton

lduncan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
ChCh New Zealand
No, it's just an overcast day here in Christchurch, it was raining earlier, but now there is a bit more light around, so the image is clearer.

The camera isn't that good in low light conditions.

Layton

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.