Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
well, this is a Developer Conference.

It seems Nice so far with the features for a Consumer stand-point.
From a developer standpoint, it seems pretty significant.

And we shall wait until Fall/September for the next iPhone/iPad release to see lots more uncovered goodies. they don't release everything to us now.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
iOS 8 is the biggest iOS update ever, aside from the AppStore in iOS 2.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
iOS 8 was more of an under-the-surface update than a design/ui update.

Honestly said, this update is quite huge in terms of additional functionality of the OS.

CutterSlade

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
You might be able to with iCloud drive. Not sure if it requires internet though if you're working locally.

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/icloud-drive/

iCloud drive requires you to put everything in the cloud and will need you to be online.

But the newly added document sharing feature between the apps will do the trick. Not as neatly as a file manager would have but it will still do it. We just have to wait until the developers update their apps to make use of this new feature, and finally we'll be able to stop having 10 copies of a document in different places.

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2009
I thought after the iOS7 paint job iOS8 would be big (at least that is what the spin was). This was really underwhelming.

You do know that extentions will allow any app to talk to any other app. that was the ONLY advantage Android had and now its gone. This is huge

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
iOS 8 was more of an under-the-surface update than a design/ui update.

Honestly said, this update is quite huge in terms of additional functionality of the OS.

Completely agree. This is a massive update all said and done. We even have a file system in iOS now (iCloud Drive on the iPad/iPhone looks exactly like a file system to me).

AgentElliot007

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2010
This is a huge update and a giant step in the right direction for Apple moving forward. I was wary about some of their ideas but today was incredibly reassuring and exciting. I was surprised and infinitely more excited about all that was discussed than anything that's come about the last two update cycles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.