Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Good job no-one was in the bath in some of those windows, the resolution in the foreground is amazing, I'm glad I wasn't out with my secret girlfriend... :eek:

Just another reason to be paranoid I guess.

Excellent stuff.

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
Couldn't open some of the other links to floating torsos, but here's one I stumbled upon.

Attachments

• floating head.jpg
    floating head.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 161

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
That was stunning. You can read the license plates of the cars!

Just something I thought of right now... You could make a fancy game of "I Spy" or "Where's Waldo" with this! :)

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
If you look for the clock you can see that the top right area was taken around 3pm. 3.15 to be precise!

AppleMatt

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Windowlicker said:
This is crazy! how the hell can they have a camera like that?! also, how come the image is so sharp even kilometers away?

This could be done with a 1Megapixel camera you would just have to take a lot more photos. It's just hundreds of photos of the one area all stitched together on a computer. The resulting image is a combined 2.5 Gigapixel. The reason things are somewhat in focus even kilometers away is that they used a very tight aperture. This gives you a sharp focus at any range. If you have an automatic camera and it has the mountain setting it just reduces the aperture. The trade off to a smaller aperture is that it lets less light in so you need either a bright day or a longer exposure and also it causes the resulting photo to loose it's feeling of depth.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
now i'm waiting for someone to find someone listening to an ipod! :p

great thing though. i love digital photography and where it's going.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
markjones05 said:
Can u imagine if someone took a close up of someones face with this camera...

Please read the thread before posting. It's not a single photo. It's 600 photos stitched together from a 3.5 Megapixel camera. Yes that only adds up to 2.1 Gigapixels but that's what the article says the hardware was.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Is it just me, or is this building smiling at the camera?

I think I've been staring at this photo for too long! :p

Attachments

• smiley.jpg
    smiley.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 174
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.