Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Doctor Q said:
Is it just me, or is this building smiling at the camera?

I think I've been staring at this photo for too long! :p

Eh... I see what you mean, but...uhm...yeah. I suggest some sleep, or at least a break from your computer. Maybe both...

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Doctor Q said:
Is it just me, or is this building smiling at the camera?

I think I've been staring at this photo for too long! :p

You're right, now quickly try to find all the smiles on the picture. GO!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Is this a symbol I see on a sign?

Attachments

• bo-rent.jpg
    bo-rent.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 353

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Doctor Q said:
Is this a ? symbol I see on a sign?

Well it is close, but the top part of the clover (can't figure out the right key combo to make the command key symbol) is missing. Or maybe its been painted off to fool people?!!! :eek:

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I found the city's Internet Service Provider!

Oh, wait. "ISP" is English. Hmmmm. Never mind.

Attachments

• ISP.jpg
    ISP.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 179

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
iLikeMyiMac said:
More Info
Link to photo
Quite Possibly the coolest thing I've seen on the internet in a long time.

wow, if thats real, i can read the license plates off of the parked cars...geez a big step forward in amateur surveillance

edit: oops shouldve read the article first..now i see its the first 2 Gp photo and not camera ... fwiw i did find artifacts of stitching, and not just the car/bus or dismembered head....if you look at the right most parking lot, zoom in on the top half, then zoom in on the license plate of the red car parked on the near side...big seam in the photo right there. i'm sure there are others, i was just trying to see what kind of stuff i could peep

so when do we get full motion video at 2.5 Gp, huh?

-never satisfied

Merf

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2004
Northern California
CooooooooooOooooooOOOoool!

Yeah Digital photography is going to be crazy in the next 10 years. I took photo in high school last year and I remember going to a photo gallery with the rest of the class and afterwards we talked about it and there were a few digital pictures but they were slightly pixaliated. This one girl who hated digital cameras said that digital photography will never be as good as film. I was like what the hell are you saying? Digital photography has been around for what? 20 years maybe? And that we never know what the future is going to hold.

It was rather funny because she was so biased.

Merf

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I wish it showed you the X-Y coordinates of the center of the view you are looking at, so we could trade X-Y pairs to point out what we find. That would be a lot easier than saying "if you look at the right most parking lot, zoom in on the top half, ...".

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Doctor Q, methinks you should find some way to forcefully restrain yourself from that picture. Yes, it was cool neat and interesting. But you seem to become addicted to it. Did you ever get addicted to a "Where is Waldo" book? Because you seem to have spent wayyy to much time on this picture.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Mechcozmo said:
Because you seem to have spent wayyy to much time on this picture.
OK, I'll go back to my previous hobby - looking at satellite images, one at a time, of each square meter of the Earth. I finished North America and was just starting on South America.

Yes, I have the Waldo books.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
Merf said:
Yeah Digital photography is going to be crazy in the next 10 years. I took photo in high school last year and I remember going to a photo gallery with the rest of the class and afterwards we talked about it and there were a few digital pictures but they were slightly pixaliated. This one girl who hated digital cameras said that digital photography will never be as good as film. I was like what the hell are you saying? Digital photography has been around for what? 20 years maybe? And that we never know what the future is going to hold.

It was rather funny because she was so biased.

Merf

We do not know how far both technologies can go. :)

And that girl was Me. :) And yes I remember you too. :p

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
m a y a said:
How many multi-personality members do we have on MR, first fox20(05)(06) and now you Doctor Q. :)
Alas, I'm just me, and none of the fox family. But maybe YOU are the split personality... After all, your member name is M a y a but your sig says "It's maya no spaces." :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.