Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Any of you receive their base M1 Mini from California ?

My 8G/256GB was ordered from Apple.com and it showed "Preparing to Ship" status for a week.

Waited a week and then one night, a FedEx SMS popped up with an origination scan from Rialto, CA.

FedEx from Bloomington to Los Angeles via FedEx Ground service was 1 day.

My order was an Education store pricing - maybe that's why ??

squawkbox

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2020
I ordered the M1 Mac Mini 16GB/512:

27th Nov 2020: Ordered using education discount on Apple UK site
11th Dec 2020: Pre-authorization appears on credit card
13th Dec 2020: Status still shows as processing

Original delivery estimate: 18 Dec - 30 Dec

Suzatlarge

macrumors member
May 4, 2008
Colorado
Mini 16/512:

2 December: ordered from Apple. Estimated delivery December 24.
7 December: notified by Apple that it's shipped, estimated delivery December 16
13 December: finally cleared customs (I assume in USA) after being at the Hong Kong airport for awhile
14 December (today): notified by UPS that it will be delivered today. Their tracking information shows it being "in transit" at Louisville KY last night; if that means it was shipped out, then delivery today in Denver is feasible.

If delivered as now expected, that's 10 days sooner than projected when I ordered it, and 12 days from order to delivery. I assume the worst case is that delivery is delayed until tomorrow.

Reactions: squawkbox

squawkbox

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2020
I ordered the M1 Mac Mini 16GB/512:

27th Nov 2020: Ordered using education discount on Apple UK site
11th Dec 2020: Pre-authorization appears on credit card
13th Dec 2020: Status still shows as processing

Original delivery estimate: 18 Dec - 30 Dec

Just to add to this

14th December 2020: Processing & shipped. UPS showing 'Shipment Cleared Customs'
17th December 2020: Delivery date specified by UPS
21st December 2020: Delivery date specified by Apple on the shipment email.

Reactions: Suzatlarge

Suzatlarge

macrumors member
May 4, 2008
Colorado
Just to add to this

14th December 2020: Processing & shipped. UPS showing 'Shipment Cleared Customs'
17th December 2020: Delivery date specified by UPS
21st December 2020: Delivery date specified by Apple on the shipment email.
In my case, the delivery date specified by Apple after shipment was 16 December, while the UPS tracking system called it as 14 December from the beginning. At one point during shipment, the UPS status page said the delivery date was changing and to check back to see what it was, but in the end it's still expected today, 14 December. I'm truly surprised that it has arrived so much sooner than projected, and I hope yours is delivered closer to the UPS prediction than to Apple's.

Reactions: steve217

Suzatlarge

macrumors member
May 4, 2008
Colorado
mine has been in Chek Lap Kok, HK since the 10th.
Anyone else had similar 5 day delay or more?
I did. I think mine was more like 4 days but it did seem like a lonnnggg time. Mine cleared customs on the 13th (day before yesterday), and UPS optimistically listed the status as to be delivered the 14th (yesterday). Which didn't happen. It's out for delivery today, on a truck which appears to be not too far from my home at the moment using the UPS "follow my delivery" tracking option.

Reactions: milkverko

milkverko

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2020
I did. I think mine was more like 4 days but it did seem like a lonnnggg time. Mine cleared customs on the 13th (day before yesterday), and UPS optimistically listed the status as to be delivered the 14th (yesterday). Which didn't happen. It's out for delivery today, on a truck which appears to be not too far from my home at the moment using the UPS "follow my delivery" tracking option.
thanks for your reply.
By the way, I have the UPS my choice app and as a matter of fact I have a delivery scheduled for today.
How do you see the follow my delivery map feature? For the life of me I can't figure it out it's not an option. Do you have to pay for it or does it appear when driver is close to your house kind of like when amazon notifies you when they're 10 stops away or something?

Suzatlarge

macrumors member
May 4, 2008
Colorado
thanks for your reply.
By the way, I have the UPS my choice app and as a matter of fact I have a delivery scheduled for today.
How do you see the follow my delivery map feature? For the life of me I can't figure it out it's not an option. Do you have to pay for it or does it appear when driver is close to your house kind of like when amazon notifies you when they're 10 stops away or something?
I think it appears when the item is on a truck for delivery. Sometimes UPS will send me an update email that tells me that "follow my delivery" is an option. Here's a screenshot of my options today on the UPS tracking page when I'm signed in. I don't remember it being available for all my UPS packages, but generally I'm not as interested in what's on the way to me, as I am in this particular package. :)

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 10.31.11 AM.png

milkverko

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2020
I think it appears when the item is on a truck for delivery. Sometimes UPS will send me an update email that tells me that "follow my delivery" is an option. Here's a screenshot of my options today on the UPS tracking page when I'm signed in. I don't remember it being available for all my UPS packages, but generally I'm not as interested in what's on the way to me, as I am in this particular package. :)

View attachment 1694755
thanks worked for me :)

now I just need my mini to start moving! Estimated arrival was for tomorrow, but now there's an exception and no estimated new date..
What's the normal route for the stuff coming out of HK? HK direct to Louisville? Or AK-KY?

Suzatlarge

macrumors member
May 4, 2008
Colorado
thanks worked for me :)

now I just need my mini to start moving! Estimated arrival was for tomorrow, but now there's an exception and no estimated new date..
What's the normal route for the stuff coming out of HK? HK direct to Louisville? Or AK-KY?
I'm not sure. The UPS tracking showed it at the HK airport, and then an entry that just said "cleared customs" and the date, but didn't state where it arrived in the US. The next entry showed it as "in transit" in Louisville, so it probably landed there from HK.

And - my mini was delivered early this afternoon. Yay! I've just finished my workday so I'm going to set it up. I'm trying to be somewhat methodical about it. I'm making a list of things to change from the MBP to the mini. At least, after I connect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and trackpad to the mini, I can still easily use the MBP, and assuming the mini behaves nicely, get the MBP cleaned up and ready to sell.

milkverko

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2020
nice congrats.

I think I'm going to boot my 15' MBP with Linux Mint after I transfer everything to M1mini lol

davidcafor

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2014
Spain
Mini 16/512:

10 December: ordered from Apple. Estimated delivery January 7.
16 December: not shipped yet, still procesing.
I guess things go slower in Spain...

----
Edit
----

19 December: Shipped. Estimated delivery changed to Monday 21 Dec.

Last edited:
Reactions: paledale

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Just placed my order for the new M1 Mac Mini, 1TB SSD and 16GB RAM, very excited. I have a MacBook air form mid 2013, still runs great, excited for the new speed though! Happy Holidays all!
What is the current shipping time on those? I love mine, even with the little bugs.

MiniApple

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2020
my Mini with an official Apple partner, just moved from end of December to end of January :(
I ordered on Dec 7th and only did so with them, because I got a credit of 100 on the 16 GB RAM version.

Reactions: Scorned

0423MAC

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2020
So after 10+ years of using MacBooks exclusively I finally have a Mac desktop again.

I guess the magic keyboard with the numeric keypad is the keyboard to get here or is the Logitech K750 worth a look?

MiniApple

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2020
my Mini with an official Apple partner, just moved from end of December to end of January :(
I ordered on Dec 7th and only did so with them, because I got a credit of 100 on the 16 GB RAM version.
One must have fallen of Santa's sled (or some warehouse shelf), got a shipping notice tonight with arrival tomorrow...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.