Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chinanderm

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2014
Iowa
I finally received a reply on my bug report from Apple. They claim the issue has been fixed in iOS 10 developer beta 2. After testing, I did not find that was the case.

lg251

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Canada
Have a similar issue here with public beta.

Was running iOS10 Pub beta and had to get a phone replacement
Started the phone replacement as new, upgraded to iOS 10 and restored with my latest iOS 10 iCloud backup.

Ever since, when I open the Home app, it spins forever. When I try to pair my iDevices switch it says I have the identify issue which requires that I sign out of iCloud and sign back in. My Apple ID appears to be in a "iCloud still syncing" state when plugged in iTunes... I already tried everything suggested in this thread (aside from creating a new ID). I called Apple earlier, they said they never heard of it (of course) and suggested I restore back to iOS 9 with an older backup!

Reading this thread, it appears even if I revert to iOS 9, I'll have the issue...really bummed out about all of this.

ttgolf

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2007
I have spent many hours with Apple support. They really have no understanding of the issues. This problem has been escalated to engineering multiple times without any resolution. This appears to be an issue on the iCloud side. Believe me I have tried everything including logging all my devices out of my iCloud account AND delete all of them from my account device page. Basically I should only have just my iPhone in my iCloud account. I still get the same "Loading Home" or iCloud Data Sync in Progress error.

I am trying to figure out how to create a new ID and be able to migrate my 170GB of online Photo library and 60GB of iTune Match music. I really don't want to deal with the migration. But if I can't get this to work by final iOS 10 release, I may have to.

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
Guys, thanks for the updates. Happy to say that HomeKit is still working on my iOS9-iPhone.

I have installed iOS 10 beta on my iPad, but it's not syncing—what I assume is an issue with the beta and devices on different iOS versions. This might be the reason why I am not updating to iOS10, will wait till the final version.

As mentioned before I deactivated the two-factor authentication and changed my password and removed all special characters from—still complicated as hell but in another way. After redoing all the steps in my first post, HomeKit and Siri started to work again. And still working. Even after turning on the two-factor authentication. If you still struggling wth the issue, (and you're still on iOS9) give it a try.

Reactions: lg251

lg251

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Canada
Guys, thanks for the updates. Happy to say that HomeKit is still working on my iOS9-iPhone.

I have installed iOS 10 beta on my iPad, but it's not syncing—what I assume is an issue with the beta and devices on different iOS versions. This might be the reason why I am not updating to iOS10, will wait till the final version.

As mentioned before I deactivated the two-factor authentication and changed my password and removed all special characters from—still complicated as hell but in another way. After redoing all the steps in my first post, HomeKit and Siri started to work again. And still working. Even after turning on the two-factor authentication. If you still struggling wth the issue, (and you're still on iOS9) give it a try.

I didn't try in iOS 9 as the My Home app is only in iOS 10 (and I have my watch on OS 3 so I need iOS 10) but after following your procedure it's not working :(

I gave Apple some feedback with regards to the issue, and hopefully they'll address this issue in the next release...

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
I'll put it this way because I got past this issue: it is a pain in the a**. Basically you need to sign out of iCloud on every device you own. Every single one, including Mac and Apple TV. Make sure you reset HomeKit configuration beforehand. Then sign back in. Make sure all your devices are running the same OS version level. If you have devices on beta 2 make sure everything is on beta 2 of its OS. Or beta 3, just released. It is definitely an iCloud issue so everything needs to be on the same page or else Loading Home will appear forever. In beta 3, I have seen significant improvements with the Home app, so it's progressing well. I can control everything at home and remotely, but I cannot get automation based on location to work, probably because I keep my iPad at home always. Hope this helps.

chinanderm

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2014
Iowa
I'll put it this way because I got past this issue: it is a pain in the a**. Basically you need to sign out of iCloud on every device you own. Every single one, including Mac and Apple TV. Make sure you reset HomeKit configuration beforehand. Then sign back in. Make sure all your devices are running the same OS version level. If you have devices on beta 2 make sure everything is on beta 2 of its OS. Or beta 3, just released. It is definitely an iCloud issue so everything needs to be on the same page or else Loading Home will appear forever. In beta 3, I have seen significant improvements with the Home app, so it's progressing well. I can control everything at home and remotely, but I cannot get automation based on location to work, probably because I keep my iPad at home always. Hope this helps.

I did this exact work around a few months ago (suggested by Apple). It worked for a week and then things broke again, leaving me where I was before...
[doublepost=1469077222][/doublepost]Apple has suggested I try my original iCloud account again on beta 3 this time. Haven't yet just because of big of a pain it is to set up my Apple Pay cards again.

ttgolf

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2007
I tried everything you mentioned in your post and still having the iCloud sync issue. Basically I logged out and removed all my devices from iCloud account except my iPhone. I verified by going into iCloud.com and it only shows I have one device. I still get the sync error.

I tried Beta 3 when it came out on Monday. It worked for about 5 mins. Everything looked good while I was setting my homekit devices. But "Loading Home" or "Loading Accessories and Scenes" in Beta 3 came back.

It is definitely an iCloud issue. Not sure what else I can do since I basically only log in with one device now.

lg251

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Canada
iOS 10 public beta 2 here and now instead of seeing "Loading Home" endlessly it says "Loading accessories and scenes" :(

Left Apple another feedback through the iOS beta app. It would be nice if they could allow us to delete all home data from iCloud ourselves. Reading the posts here I suppose there's a leftover somewhere causing these issues.

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
iOS 10 public beta 2 here and now instead of seeing "Loading Home" endlessly it says "Loading accessories and scenes" :(

Left Apple another feedback through the iOS beta app. It would be nice if they could allow us to delete all home data from iCloud ourselves. Reading the posts here I suppose there's a leftover somewhere causing these issues.
Hmmm my iPad said that but it actually loaded the accessories.

lg251

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Canada
Tried to setup my iDevices switch since the beta 2 update and still no luck. I get the 77 error which relates to (in their guide) a "iCloud still in syncing process". Proposed resolution: Log out and then log back in the iCloud account...

Please Apple get this fixed, I can't afford to get a new account and lose all the purchases I've made over the last 10 years.

Attachments

• IMG_0025.PNG
    IMG_0025.PNG
    117.7 KB · Views: 371

chinanderm

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2014
Iowa
Please Apple get this fixed, I can't afford to get a new account and lose all the purchases I've made over the last 10 years.

You don't have to lose your purchases. Just make a new account and use it for iCloud. You can use your normal account for iMessage, FaceTime, App Store, iTunes Store, etc. I've been doing that for a couple weeks now with no issue.

lg251

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Canada
Running the latest iOS 10 public beta 6 and still facing the issue. Opening feedback tickets with every version. Hopefully Apple is looking into this before GM is released.

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
Running the latest iOS 10 public beta 6 and still facing the issue. Opening feedback tickets with every version. Hopefully Apple is looking into this before GM is released.
You guys are still having this problem? For me it magically cleared up. I just don't know how though. Try resetting HomeKit and sign in/out of iCloud on each and every device you have (including Mac and Apple TV) again. You guys are submitting HomeKit log files using the profile to Apple right?

Loredo

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
Issue still existing with iOS10 GM.

It's basically existing since iOS 8 betas already and I have sent so many complains to Apple regarding this... I have no words left because I have used all the ****** ones way too much already!

ttgolf

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2007
Same issue here. Installed iOS 10 GM last night. Did not help. I ended up spending a few hours on this. Here are a few things I tried:

1) Installed iOS 9.3.5 in a clean install. After log into my iCloud account, I was able to use Homekit. I did not get the "icloud data sync" error
2) Upgrade to iOS 10 GM from 9.3.5. After upgrade log into my iCloud account, I get "Loading accessories....."
3) Installed iOS 10 GM from a clean install. After upgrade log into my iCloud account, I get "Loading accessories....."
4) During all the install I make sure my icloud is NOT signed on to iTune Store, App Store, Game center, iMessage, Facetime, etc....

Bottom line....It does not work for me with my iCloud account. It will work with a new iCloud account I created.

lg251

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Canada
When iOS 10 is officially released, I will call Apple and ask them to sort this out. Last time they said they couldn't do anything because it was beta, but this time around I will push further. I'll send them whatever logs they need and reinforce the fact that a feature they promote as being an asset to their product isn't working for many. Might not go far, but it's worth giving a shot.

If some of you sent Feedbacks during the beta and have the case #, please share them here and I'll make a list for when I call.

ARK

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Add me to the list. Loading Accessories and Scenes and it just spins. I never used Keychain by the way but just started recently. It looked like it was hung up on that for a while. I don't have the Hue app but I do use Huemote because their app was better than the Hue app. I don't know if that makes any difference or not.

ARK

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
When iOS 10 is officially released, I will call Apple and ask them to sort this out. Last time they said they couldn't do anything because it was beta, but this time around I will push further. I'll send them whatever logs they need and reinforce the fact that a feature they promote as being an asset to their product isn't working for many. Might not go far, but it's worth giving a shot.

If some of you sent Feedbacks during the beta and have the case #, please share them here and I'll make a list for when I call.

Any updates?

Reactions: adamsteinberg

lg251

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Canada
Thought I'd update on my call with Apple.

The first thing they made me do, was of course disable keychain and re-enable it. No luck there. I told them I had signed out of iCloud on all my devices (several times in the past) and it hadn't worked either but they had me do it again. Fortunately it actually worked...logged out of all my devices and signed back in on the iPhone and boom it worked. The only thing that has changed since the last time I tried is my iPad being on iOS 10 rather than iOS 9.
I signed back into my iPad, Apple TV, iMac, etc and still good. Only issue I had was Siri not recognizing any devices or scenes on the Apple Watch (even though the Home app did see them...) unpaired and paired back the watch and everything is working. This thing is a mystery!

ttgolf

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2007
Hi lg251

Can you provide a detail step by step procedure?

For example, do you log out and back in of all devices (iCloud) first then turn off keychain or do you just turn off keychain on all devices? Do you also have to do that on the Mac? I have 3 macs on the same iCloud ID. It is a big pain in the xxx to have to restore my photo library. Also do you have to reboot after you log out of keychain? Or it takes effect immediately?

Sorry for lot of questions. I have been down this road of logging out everything during the beta period and it did not work. It took me 3-4 days to get all my devices back to order again. Just want to ensure I got all the procedure before I do it again.

It is definitely good to hear that someone was able to resolve this issue.

Thought I'd update on my call with Apple.

The first thing they made me do, was of course disable keychain and re-enable it. No luck there. I told them I had signed out of iCloud on all my devices (several times in the past) and it hadn't worked either but they had me do it again. Fortunately it actually worked...logged out of all my devices and signed back in on the iPhone and boom it worked. The only thing that has changed since the last time I tried is my iPad being on iOS 10 rather than iOS 9.
I signed back into my iPad, Apple TV, iMac, etc and still good. Only issue I had was Siri not recognizing any devices or scenes on the Apple Watch (even though the Home app did see them...) unpaired and paired back the watch and everything is working. This thing is a mystery!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.