Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Season one was better than I ever would have dared hoped for. I absolutely loved it. I instantly forgot about Rise of Skywalker after I saw it but that Mandalorian finale has been burned into my head ever since I saw it.

Reactions: kazmac and TallRed

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Moff Gideon was a masterclass in on-screen malice. And that final scene, you know he’s done some seriously nasty work to be in possession of that particular item.

Reactions: kazmac and TallRed

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Loved it, if Disney keeps producing SW content like this, I will be very happy.

Holding off on Baby Yoda things as much as I would like them. I want to see some of these in person first.

Season 2 is in the Fall of 2020 so I will "learn patience."

Reactions: BigMcGuire

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Good show, just never understood/liked the bad-guys-are-always-lousy-shots paradigm used in all things StarWars.
If the bad guys weren’t lousy shots the saga would have ended quickly - too many bad guys, not enough good guys :). (Rise of Skywalker “there are more of us” notwithstanding)

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
To be honest, I didn’t find it all that amazing. It was fine, but I didn’t feel like I HAD to watch the next episode whenever I finished one. I can’t really put my finger on what exactly it was either. If you compare it to the latest SW trilogy it’s good.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
To be honest, I didn’t find it all that amazing. It was fine, but I didn’t feel like I HAD to watch the next episode whenever I finished one. I can’t really put my finger on what exactly it was either. If you compare it to the latest SW trilogy it’s good.

The first 6 episodes or so were largely procedural - each was pretty self-contained. The last couple of episodes advance the bigger story, add a very good villain, and are hopefully a sign of things to come.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
The black lightsaber... :oops: :oops: :oops:

So that adds a whole new spin to who the bad guy is!!!

Info on the Darksaber:

A great making of video:

Reactions: djlythium

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
The music for The Mandalorian is arguably some of Star Wars' best music. Outside of the Williams scores there really isn't anything better.

Absolutely love the show so far.

That music and that beautiful concept art in the ending credits would get seared into my head each week. Just awesome stuff.

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.