Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Although not specifically about Mandalorians, I had bought this book (Tales of the Bounty Hunters) when I was younger because I was a fan of Boba Fett. It was interesting to read how he survived, though it's apparently not canon anymore

Over the years I've given away almost all my Star Wars novels, except Splinter of the Minds Eye, and original copies of Star Wars, and Empire Strikes Back. And, my copy of Tales of the Bounty Hunters.

Honestly, Boba Fett is still Jaster Mereel to me. This book was written before AOTC came out, and that film was always a sore spot with how they transformed Fett from a mysterious bounty hunter, into the literal face of the whole clone army.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
The later episodes, IMHO, are quite awesome...

I love this show... nice to have Star Wars back.
I didn't think the first episode was representative of how good all the other episodes were. Just watched the last 2 tonight and it's going to be a long wait until Season 3.

Reactions: yaxomoxay

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Have a Grogu Holiday.

Attachments

• IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 92

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I watched the Mandalorian last week. This series was filmed incredibly beautifully. All combat scenes are well-designed. The nature and sunsets are simply stunning. You can admire the nature of the entire series, all the frames are simply gorgeous, and very realistic. The series has a very cool plot, it is interesting and exciting to watch. You can never predict the next moment. There are so many elements of surprise.
And Baby Yoda!!!

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
In advance, I’m not asking for agreement, nor intending to insult anyone’s tastes. :)

The Mandalorian working on the 2nd season, I do like the cinematography and the sets are outstanding, but I’m finding I dislike watching a masked, emotionless character. Yes some emotions and intents can be inferred through actions, but anyone with some athletic ability could play this role. Not a slight against this actor who was absolutely riveting in Game of Thrones.

And I am really having some issues with their 30 min story telling, yeah there is a common thread, baby Yoda, but 30 minute stories that are more or less stand alone, he helps a village, he rescues a criminal, strike me as mostly forgettable when compressed into a 30 minute segment.

In comparison, a 2 hour movie, events build and the overall experience has a memorable impact. I’m sorry to say I’m not getting that from the Mandalorian. It might be a personal problem, that feeling when a story is on rails to a predetermined ending…which it is, but the viewer is not supposed to feel it, ;) The Moff Gideon season one final was underwhelming, staged and broke my suspension of disbelief. Part of this maybe by virtue of being a renewed series, it had to work out, right? So was waiting for some kind of good ending. ?

Last edited:

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
In advance, I’m not asking for agreement, nor intending to insult anyone’s tastes. :)
All good, different people can like different things! It's been the complete opposite for me. The last Star Wars movie I felt zero (good) emotion and forgot it the instant it was over. Some of the Mando episodes have really stuck with me and I love the connection between him and the child.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
All good, different people can like different things! It's been the complete opposite for me. The last Star Wars movie I felt zero (good) emotion and forgot it the instant it was over. Some of the Mando episodes have really stuck with me and I love the connection between him and the child.
I too feel Star Wars in total is about 1/3 worthy, 2/3 crapola. Same for Aliens, maybe a little less. ;)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.