Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alwis

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2017
I liked it to and a great cast btw!

I am a little disappointed that, after the season finale, I do not know any more about the main characters than I did after the first episode. It is hinted, that they are fleeing because of what she und not he did, maybe booth, but no more insight into this.

Reactions: DEMinSoCAL

residentgalah

macrumors member
May 27, 2021
Canberra, Australia
ut, the bigger touch point is that the lead character in this series, Justin Theroux is actually the SON of the writer Paul Theroux who WROTE the novel that was the foundation for the Mosquito Coast movie!.. okay, MIND blown.
Actually he's his nephew, the journalist and interviewer Louis Theroux is Paul Theroux's son (and Justin's cousin). Quite the family.

I quite liked this, especially as it paid tribute to elements of the book and the movie while (essentially) so far being a more or less new story for the first series, which seems to be leading into the events of those for the next season but from a different angle.

Not my favourite show or anything, that would be the Leftovers. And not the best thing Justin Theroux has ever done either (that would also be the Leftovers), but I'm into it enough that seven episodes felt too short and it made me get the book out after watching the last one.

Reactions: mrsmith1

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
Why is this show even titled The Mosquito Coast? Having recently watched the Harrison Ford movie, I struggle to find connections between the two despite the author of the book being involved with the show's production.

I watched and enjoyed a 2 hour movie that told a complete story. 6+ hours into the first season of this series and where are we? Will it be season 5 or 6 before this family finally reaches The Mosquito Coast (or will they ever?). I'll have lost interest to be honest.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Why is this show even titled The Mosquito Coast? Having recently watched the Harrison Ford movie, I struggle to find connections between the two despite the author of the book being involved with the show's production.

I watched and enjoyed a 2 hour movie that told a complete story. 6+ hours into the first season of this series and where are we? Will it be season 5 or 6 before this family finally reaches The Mosquito Coast (or will they ever?). I'll have lost interest to be honest.
I think season 1, was the setup and season 2, will be the (spoiler) journey and mosquito coast reference.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Season 2 finale...

It looks like this show is over, folks... with Allie dead, Margot, Charlie and Dina are moving to the actual Mosquito Coast along with the residents of Casa Roja without him. There's nowhere else for this show to go. RIP.

ledzep1

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2016
Season 1 was pretty good, season 2 sucked bad, what a poor last season, which it looks like it will be.

Reactions: Alwis
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.