Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kane.Elson

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2006
Obviously the iPod/Phone will be there... Hopefully incorporting wifi aswell as gsm ... they might even make it 3G ??? Who knows...

I am hoping an announcement of a ultraportable for release when santa rosa comes out with robson cache etc....

FDX

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2006
A chicken in every pot! Oh wait that was from something else.:D

inumbers? I hope.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Blu-Ray option in MacPros.

iTV name and feature set - and some multimedia functionality built into 24" iMac.

Additional app(s) in iWork.

aaronb

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2006
Probably just wishful thinking,

Leopard
iWork/iLife 07
iTV
iPod Video
maybe iPhone

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
  • Apple Mobile Phones announced and non-PDA version offered for sale (shipping late Feb.-early March).
  • ITV - Shipping now!
  • Transition to 64-bit hardware complete with Mini C2D - shipping now!
  • N-revision WiFi Support in Tiger - now! (to support iTV). Existence of N chipset in C2Ds, CD MacBooks and other later CD machines revealed.
  • Airport Extreme and Express (with new/enhanced names) with full N-revision support.
  • Leopard - Full demo (still a couple of secrets witheld). Shipping in March.
  • New displays - with iSight.
  • iLife 2007 goes 64-bit. Pages matures (finally) and Numbers is rolled in.
  • Final Cut goes 64-bit.
  • 16 GB Nano.
  • 2 and 4 GB Shuffles.
  • Full-screen Video iPod delayed. Will be a new Newton but may or may not be announced.
  • Mac UltraPortable (12.1" or less!). Possible touch-screen.
  • 1-year if .Mac with every new computer. Storage limit upped.
  • Blu Ray option in some models.

Happy New Year!

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
iLife '07
iWork '07
Leopard shipping
New iPod, touch screen.
iPhone, quad-band, 2 types. Smartphone and slimphone. Unlocked only.
New displays that double as televisions with 2.1 surround sound and loads of input or at least a dongle for such purpose
New ultraportable notebook, comparable to Sony VAIO TX type
iTV shipping
New Airport Extreme and Express. Both with video streaming to new iPod and iTV
New iSight. Much smaller and higher resolution accompanied by a lower price
A long shot, but a lightweight tablet notebook with disk drive and all.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
heres what i see

os 10.5
ilife 07
itv
mac book thin
New HD Monitors and a 50" to use as a monitor or Tv with itv

i dont think will see blu rays for a while esp if there having a shortage of lasers for ps3s i doubt we see blu ray on mac till wwdc

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
  • Apple Mobile Phones announced and non-PDA version offered for sale (shipping late Feb.-early March).
  • ITV - Shipping now!
  • Transition to 64-bit hardware complete with Mini C2D - shipping now!
  • N-revision WiFi Support in Tiger - now! (to support iTV). Existence of N chipset in C2Ds, CD MacBooks and other later CD machines revealed.
  • Airport Extreme and Express (with new/enhanced names) with full N-revision support.
  • Leopard - Full demo (still a couple of secrets witheld). Shipping in March.
  • New displays - with iSight.
  • iLife 2007 goes 64-bit. Pages matures (finally) and Numbers is rolled in.
  • Final Cut goes 64-bit.
  • 16 GB Nano.
  • 2 and 4 GB Shuffles.
  • Full-screen Video iPod delayed. Will be a new Newton but may or may not be announced.
  • Mac UltraPortable (12.1" or less!). Possible touch-screen.
  • 1-year if .Mac with every new computer. Storage limit upped.
  • Blu Ray option in some models.

Happy New Year!

:eek: That would Kick ass. I doubt we will see new displays with built-in iSights though. Here are my predictions:
  • New iSight.
  • New displays with built-in IR receiver.
  • MacMini C2D.
  • iTV shipping.
  • iPod Mobile.

The thing I don't understand is if Apple releases this iPod Mobile, will this mean that the vanilla iPod is dead. I mean if you can buy an iPod that is a phone too, then why buy just an iPod :confused:.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
All nude, all the time.

:eek:

Oh, sorry, y'all bunch of geeks go to your geek convention. I'm gettin' me some strippahs!!!!! :D

Now, ahem, I'll end this lap dance for an Apple subcompact. Don't get me wrong. I have priorities. I'm just sayin'....

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
A chicken in every pot!

And an iPod in every stocking! Ho Ho Ho!

• I wanna see the iPho^H^H^H^HApple Phone emerge.
  • More Leopard info, with a solid release date.
  • iTV, with news of a built-in tuner for PVRing.
  • New displays that watch you back, I think we'll see...
  • The "True" Video iPod?
  • 12" MacBook Pro
  • Airport Express that doesn't have a joke lifespan.
  • More Pre-N goodness for all Airport products.
  • $100 price drop on MacMini, making the low end $499 again.
  • $50 discount on .Mac, another gig of storage added. iCal calendars can now be created and edited from the Web, even on a Windows PC.
  • Availability of Quad MacPro.

menthol moose

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2006
In order of probability, at least in my mind:

- More Leopard previews, possibly with release date.
- Mac Mini updated to Core 2 Duo, or a price drop. Hopefully both.
- iWork and iLife '07 shipping, iWork with some sort of spreadsheet program (if there is one, is it definitely called Numbers?)
- More iTV info, possibly a name, but I don't think shipping until later, March maybe?
- 12" MacBook Pro released.
- New displays, probably just a spec update, hopefully with a 19" or 17" option.
- New iSights, hopefully, that look better than the first version.
- iPod with phone capabilities released. Hopefully unlocked.

Kane.Elson

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2006
The thing I don't understand is if Apple releases this iPod Mobile, will this mean that the vanilla iPod is dead. I mean if you can buy an iPod that is a phone too, then why buy just an iPod :confused:.

Because some people don't want a mobile in their MP3 player. Like the treo and the palm live side by side so will the vanilla and phone iPods ;)

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
Because some people don't want a mobile in their MP3 player. Like the treo and the palm live side by side so will the vanilla and phone iPods ;)

Agreed. I pretty much always have an iPod on my, if I wanted to listen to music then I would use that.

My nokia can play mp3's..... hell, it can even play back entire movies. I have never used either feature.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
My nokia can play mp3's..... hell, it can even play back entire movies. I have never used either feature.

Yes. But the main reason that you don't use it is because it doesn't integrate well with iTunes and it is cumbersome to get music on the thing and play it easily. If my phone can act as easy as an iPod (both on HW and SW levels) and has enough capacity, I don't see one reason why I would want to carry an iPod around.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Let's see...all the Macs are up to date in my opinion, except for the Mini, which could see a Core Two Duo update.

iTV is a given, as Jobs has already foretold its coming.

I believe Apple when they say that Leopard is due in Spring. So at MW, I expect we will hear updates on Leopard's development and how much developers love it, and there will likely be some jabs at Microsoft, and a showing of the David Pogue video which shows how Vista copied OS X elements.

Jobs will talk about how everyone loves the Get a Mac ads and will show a new one.

He'll talk about the success of the iPod line, point out that Gates took his advice in making a closed ecosystem with Zune, and possibly re-emphasize the increased sexiness of sharing an earbud versus beaming a song. He'll mention that the Shuffle has exceeded their wildest expectations, Nike Plus iPod is a critical and commercial success, and that Disney is thrilled with posting movies on iTunes.

Apple will introduce iLife and iWork 07, and iWork will include a spreadsheet App.

That's about all I'm expecting right now......

know-it-all5

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2006
USA
ITV means new IPOD

As it has been made quite clear within this thread, Jobs has mentioned the iminent release of the Itv. This IMHO is a big reason to expect a 6g ipod. I dunno if it will be full screen or touch screen, but I think Itv means a lot more than just a new product.

Itv being introduced causes a forced domino affect of things to be introduced at macworld.

1st. If Jobs is introducing an Itv, he must have more movie viewing contractual agreements, otherwise the Itv would serve little purpose. He made it quite clear using repeated showings of movies and shows using the Itv at the september event. If there is an Itv, Jobs must have more movie studios.
Plus: It would make perfect sense that more movie studios hop on to Itunes now, because previous rumors indicated they didn't want to affect the dvd buying holiday season. Thus, rumors indicated they would join after Christmas.

2nd. One delay on the Ipod Video 6g was the fact that Jobs was waiting for more people to hop on the itunes movies store. He couldn't unveil it in September, because only disney hopped on. Thus, he delayed consumers with some minor screen and hard drive upgrades. This is still a 5g ipod. In the current market, these Ipods are getting technologically behind. Apple is due for a new ipod. Jobs just bought some time.

3rd. I think the two main presentations by jobs will involve the music and movies with itv and ipod. The other topic will be Leopard.

THERE WILL BE NO IPHONE UNTIL AT LEAST APRIL!!!

Other possibilities include- one of the following
mac mini C2D update
display upgrade
hifi upgrade or pricedrop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.