Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
Apple just needs to give in and create a mouse that has 2 buttons on the TOP. not click down on it.

they are just being different to be different. Not have a killer mouse that works great.

at this point they are at least going in the right direction, but they are being stubborn as hell

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
mdntcallr said:
at this point they are at least going in the right direction, but they are being stubborn as hell

No kidding, I wonder when they'll give in.

iVersa

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2006
London, UK
Yup, I've owned three mighty mice in my time.

One is at home and is only 3 weeks old so its still brilliant. One I had on my imac which I sold but the scroll down stopped working everynow and again.

And the one im using now at work, the scroll down has officially stopped working for good. No matter what I do it will not scroll down. It is only about 2 months old aswell.

Its a terrible fault on an otherwise wonderful mouse.

:(

So does anyone know if will apple replace these or not?

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
When i get my iMac i'll keep it right in the box, and use the mouse i have right now. It looks good, but in my opinion, i don't think it functions good.

Roba

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2006
I had two wired MM's that were both faulty so i sent them back to Apple for an exchange. I am not a messy person and i keep my hands clean when i use a mouse and my desk is not dirty either but i was still having problems.

I asked Apple for a Kensington mouse in replace of my faulty MM but now i have been thinking about replacing my Kensington mouse as that is well used now. I was thinking about getting a BT MM as i thought that Apple maybe had improved those compared to their wired version but now i am not so sure.

I think that i will keep for on looking now for an alternative BT mouse that is on the market.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
I've owned one since the day of release here in Australia and honestly have never had any problems with it. My Might Mouse BT works exactly as described and I couldn't be happier. :D

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
my BT mouse (pre-mighty) broke the other day and i was scared that apple would replace it with a BT MM. I was so pleased when i was told that i would be getting an exact replacement.

the older mice firstly look nicer, as they have a layer of clear plastic over the white plastic, and secondly, only having one button allows me to hold the mouse in a more ergonomic fashon....much better

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Apple is replacing my mighty mouse because the scroll ball still doesn't scroll up (without some frustration that is). More interestingly though, they are sending me what was described to me as a "lint cloth." Lol...I'm sure they meant lint-free. I wonder if it is Apple branded? They told me that the ball probably stopped working from being clogged (yes I realize this and will admit it) but they said cleaning it with their cloth in the future should help!

I'm curious to get it, hope it is Apple designed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.