Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
HAHAHAHHEHE..........cool......when now I know what to use an old PB with no other uses.........cooker :p

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
I can't remember what it was, but it recommended using an old PowerBook as a legwarmer :p

And I wanna do the G5 casserole, but our one's Dual Proc :(

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
We should be looking forward to Powerbooks that can make ice cream, not cook bacon and eggs!

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
mm... bacon... I dunno, the bacon in the pics still look a bit undercooked for my taste. But I agree w/ greatdevourer-- I use my PB as a legwarmer, too! :D

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
They should have used my mom's 3 year old HP laptop. That thing can boil water in about 5 minutes. Leaves first degree burns on uncovered skin.

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
I prefer my bacon a little more crispy. But it was an interesting experiment to see. God knows I would never crack an egg on my baby!

rkristich

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2005
Punta Gorda, Florida
mikemodena said:
They should have used my mom's 3 year old HP laptop. That thing can boil water in about 5 minutes. Leaves first degree burns on uncovered skin.
Same with my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. I thought my PB ran hot until I had to use that Dell for a while a couple weeks ago (my PB was broken). It was impossible to use on my lap, unless I wanted to be burned.

Here's another idea of what to do with a PB (or other computer) that lets off lots of heat: Use it in the winter to heat one of the rooms in your house. I swear, both my PB and Dell can raise the temperature of my bedroom (around 200 sq. ft.) about 5 degrees. Use both at the same time, and you can probably get a 7 degree rise in temp. Of course, it helps if they're doing power intensive work.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
rkristich said:
Same with my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. I thought my PB ran hot until I had to use that Dell for a while a couple weeks ago (my PB was broken). It was impossible to use on my lap, unless I wanted to be burned.

Here's another idea of what to do with a PB (or other computer) that lets off lots of heat: Use it in the winter to heat one of the rooms in your house. I swear, both my PB and Dell can raise the temperature of my bedroom (around 200 sq. ft.) about 5 degrees. Use both at the same time, and you can probably get a 7 degree rise in temp. Of course, it helps if they're doing power intensive work.

damn i wonder what my two powerbooks and dual proc G5 will do this winter for me o_O

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
An interesting experiment. Someone must have been board. Looks like the bacon did the best. Think that I will stick with my microwave, does a good job.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Creating a mini oven to cook the bacon is a surefire way to kill 2 PowerBooks. Besides, bacon causes cancer so I guess if you want to kill yourself as well... :rolleyes:

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
i think i might PowerPuke --- that poor poor powerbook :D

(kidding BTW, i do love bacon but to place it on my powerbook is grounds for an asskicking)

Apple is kind, they made a nice lap-warmer - that's great in the winter... in the summer my poor powerbook gets the "cold-shoulder" when i think "get that damn oven away from me!" and unaffectionately place it on the table.
but don't fret, this thing gets all the love from me. just two days ago there was a fire very close to my house. i grabbed a few things to take if i had to leave in a hurry. the first thing i set aside was my powerbook :eek: if that isn't love and loyalty ladies and gentlemen, i don't know what is :D

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Lacero said:
Besides, bacon causes cancer so I guess if you want to kill yourself as well... :rolleyes:

WHAT?! Since when?

If you cook it with a Powerbook or a mobile phone, maybe but not normal oven cooked bacon!?!

Why does everything cause cancer these days?

I'm just going to go eat some grass.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Lacero said:
Creating a mini oven to cook the bacon is a surefire way to kill 2 PowerBooks. Besides, bacon causes cancer so I guess if you want to kill yourself as well... :rolleyes:

Everryting causes cancer these days ;)

iindigo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Lacero said:
Besides, bacon causes cancer so I guess if you want to kill yourself as well... :rolleyes:

Oh I suppose thinking and burping causes cancer now too... :rolleyes: If we listen to the doctors the only thing we can eat are grasses and unseasoned oats :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.