Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BorderlineOblivious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2020
HELP!! I received my MacBook Pro 13” on November 2nd (so I’m still under the 14-days return policy). And I bought this MBP with the student discount (including the discount on the AirPods Pros, so I got them).

I actually wanted to wait for the new MBP release, but the “discount on the AirPods Pros” was going to expire in two days. So I did purchase the MBP with AirPods Pros, and I’m only hearing now about this MBP release.
I know I can return them and get a full refund, but I don’t want to, because I want to keep the AirPods Pros.

I called an Apple assistant and they told me that if I return the MBP, I either have to return the AirPods with it, and get a full refund; or return the MBP, and pay full price on the AirPods. So I don’t know if it’s going to be possible but; do you guys think that I could ask for a replacement (of course keeping the AirPods). (But I’m pretty sure that if I ask for a replacement, it’s not going to be the “just released one”.)
I don’t know, just please help ASAP because my 14-days return policy is almost up.

• Wow
Reactions: coredev

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
HELP!! I received my MacBook Pro 13” on November 2nd (so I’m still under the 14-days return policy). And I bought this MBP with the student discount (including the discount on the AirPods Pros, so I got them).

I actually wanted to wait for the new MBP release, but the “discount on the AirPods Pros” was going to expire in two days. So I did purchase the MBP with AirPods Pros, and I’m only hearing now about this MBP release.
I know I can return them and get a full refund, but I don’t want to, because I want to keep the AirPods Pros.

I called an Apple assistant and they told me that if I return the MBP, I either have to return the AirPods with it, and get a full refund; or return the MBP, and pay full price on the AirPods. So I don’t know if it’s going to be possible but; do you guys think that I could ask for a replacement (of course keeping the AirPods). (But I’m pretty sure that if I ask for a replacement, it’s not going to be the “just released one”.)
I don’t know, just please help ASAP because my 14-days return policy is almost up.
I agree with the poster above this reply; you'll need to do what Apple says in your message. For iPads, Apple specifically excluded the new iPad Air from that promotion and accordingly they won't allow you to get a new model Mac that ships at some future date under a promotion that ended a few weeks ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.