Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
I started using an Apple II when it was new, my next machine was the Mac II when it came out. ($$ remember?) I bought the first iPhone and numerous iPods, HomePods, and iPads, yes you could call me an Apple fanboy.

But lately is seems with every “update” something is missing, changed for the worst, or operates more poorly.

Now instead of giving the customer the freedom to use media the way they want there is constant push to Apple subscriptions, just like a lot of other companies. I expect the iTunes Music Store will be going away someday.

What about that Apple TV interface, what a train wreck! Not even a mute button, the single most useful thing that any tv has!

I use HomeKit to keep track of two homes. It operates so slowly sometimes, it’s quicker to use the keypad on the door than to wait for HomeKit to get around to it. Devices sometimes don’t respond and then the next time they do. I don’t dare allow automatic updates to my HomePods because they get hung up “Configuring” till we travel there and “do back flips” to fix them. I have lots of other complaints about HomeKit but I’ll stop here. Oh, just one more thing: in its early days it worked great.

I listen to podcasts, the podcast app once played one podcast after the other. Now I have to click on the next podcast or do some other hocus pocus in order to play multiple podcasts without my interaction.

My iPhone and M1 MacBook Air no longer sync bookmarks. Even bought a new IPhone 15 PM, removed the old iPhone from my account, and the new iPhone will not sync bookmarks either. Three calls to Apple support and zero help. Gave up. BTW, I moved the old iPhone to another Apple ID that is also on my M1 MacBook Air and they sync bookmarks instantly.

All my Apple Cash disappeared at the start of the month, talked to two people at Apple and one at Green Dot, they agree, but I still don’t have my money back!

I’m real happy about Apple removing the FireWire audio drivers from the MacOS. I really like having a couple expensive audio interfaces that are now useless. Maybe I’d buy a new interface with my Apple Cash, oh that’s right, I don’t have it.

I like the way the Apple Stocks app has news articles that are restricted unless you subscribe to Apple News. Search for any of those articles on the web and they are on ten different web site for free. Isn’t that special?

I could go on and on and on with stuff Apple evidently can not see.

Apple, maybe just stop with the new “features” for awhile and just take one of your couple hundred billions of dollars and FIX THIS STUFF!

I hear you, so what are you switching to?

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
Being unable to escape doesn't mean you aren't in prison. I wish the EU would invest in consumer friendly alternatives, instead of plowing endless tax money into Microsoft. But the tendrils run deep.

It's a computer and eco system. There are alternatives galore. No bars locking you in. I am in a problem solving business, it's great to identify problems, but I am also expected to bring forward solutions. I am surprised with your grievances that you aren't advocating another system that better suit your requirements. For me, I rather consumer products be driven by innovative companies and not government regulation.

Reactions: AlastorKatriona
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.