Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ixxx69

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2009
United States
They have improved the website overall. At least it’s usable now.
It's absolutely better than when it first launched. Unfortunately, it's still pretty awful.

As a casual visitor to Verge over the years, my reaction to the redesign was not based on what I was used to (that's so often such a lazy excuse for why people don't like something) - it was based on it objectively being terrible.

My first thought when I saw it was whoever did the redesign secretly was being paid on the side by a competitor to actively destroy it. The redesign was so incomprehensibly bad, it was incomprehensible how anyone at the decision-making level at Verge thought it was a good idea. Or maybe it was an insider job, some sort of play on burning down your own building to collect on the insurance.

I figured they had to come to their senses within a week, and here we are many months later. It's such an F-U to their readership that I'll laugh if they go under.

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
I’ve found the little tweaks they have made to make the site sufficiently readable to actually serve a purpose again, I’ve been visiting it a couple of times a month recently. Their articles still have more depth than most other tech sites, which are barely more than headline farms.

Reactions: anshuvorty
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.