Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Do we know how big the download file is ?

I don't know if I can be bothered to wait for it to finish...!

Rich.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
ImAlex said:
Tried again and it did not work. It somewhat stops at expanding. I am kinda sure the DVD is fine, so what might it be?

In OS X, open up Terminal and cd to where the image is, then type md5 vista and press Tab (it'll auto-complete the rest of the filename) then press Return. After thinking for a couple of minutes, it should return "e7f0a439e1e61d57ebf3c4f89e2f96d7". If not, your download is corrupted.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Does anyone have any suggestions for the audio stuttering. Its doing it again. >:O

Never had this problem with XP. If I cant fix it then I'm going back to XP. Because. It. Is. F***ing. Annoying. Try listening to music with lots of skips and stutters. Hell, anything. :mad:

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
So ... I got home to find my Vista download successful (after I stopped the torrent seed I had running, that was killing my internet connection).

I went to look for my Vista Beta ID, and I find that have two. I must have registered twice.

So, the first person to IM me gets one of them.

Edit: I meant PM. And jfig24 got there first.

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
clayj said:
Guess you didn't read the first post in the thread:

NOTE : You MUST have a Beta 2 key.

First, I believe that "NOTE" was added later, after I began downloading, when the first post was edited. Second, my point has nothing to do with what the OP said or didn't say. I simply don't think it makes sense for MS to make this available to the first 100,000 comers and then not provide a key.

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2004
plinden said:
So ... I got home to find my Vista download successful (after I stopped the torrent seed I had running, that was killing my internet connection).

I went to look for my Vista Beta ID, and I find that have two. I must have registered twice.

So, the first person to IM me gets one of them.

Hey,
I PM'ed you! :) (Could not find your AIM address)
Thanks again!!

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
imac9556 said:
Thanks, I sent you a PM with a question
Yes, sorry, I was PM'ing everyone who PM'ed me, but you have to wait a minute between PMs.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
amin said:
First, I believe that "NOTE" was added later, after I began downloading, when the first post was edited. Second, my point has nothing to do with what the OP said or didn't say. I simply don't think it makes sense for MS to make this available to the first 100,000 comers and then not provide a key.

Yeah, sorry about that. ^.^'

I could have sworn that if you dont enter a key and hit next it will give you this message then you hit OK and it'll ask you what version did you "purchase"

Or at least it did for me when I upgraded my PC from XP.

There are some keys floating around on torrent sites like {site reference removed by moderator}, that wont let you activate but you can at least use the beta for 14 days, which hopefully by then RC1 will be out, or you'll have to reinstall.

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
ReanimationLP said:
Yeah, sorry about that. ^.^'

I could have sworn that if you dont enter a key and hit next it will give you this message then you hit OK and it'll ask you what version did you "purchase"

Or at least it did for me when I upgraded my PC from XP.

No problem. I appreciate your posting the link anyway. Who knows, maybe MS will give me a key.

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
I got it installed on my MacBook - went through without any problems whatsoever.. This is the first time I've installed Vista on anything - so its really new to me. It definately looks good on this Mac Screen!

The only thing thats not working (and I didn't expect it to) is the 'CTRL-Click' to right click.. I've got a bluetooth mouse jsut for when I use Windows on here, I just didn't try to get it working yet.

The Bootcamp 1.1 Drivers disk works fine and seemed to install everything it needed, network drivers, video, keyboard, etc...

Very easy to do!

DisturbedSith

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2006
Bay Area
To those who already had XP...

For those of you who previously had XP installed on the Boot Camp made partition, did you guys just boot up into XP and upgrade or did you use Boot Camp for the installation.* Just don't want to do anything stupid to my precious:)

ug.mac

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2004
Vancouver, B.C
I'm sure you can stilll get a copy from somewhere else.:D
I just got a question for those who have installed Vista on their Mac Pro:
Does SATA works w/o attaching driver to installation CD?

Thanks.

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
amin said:
Because this page is for beta testers who already have keys. It's a public page, but it's not a published one.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
matticus008 said:
...It's a public page, but it's not a published one.
Until Now :p ;)

I'm downloading it right now (607 MB done at 162 KB/s).

PS - Does Safari's download manager display the current speed or an average? ...And I'm assuming it measures in KiloBytes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.