Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Core Trio said:
I have the same model, however being that its still under warranty and it only gets super hot once in a while, i wont take the plunge and open her up.

When the MBP's were released I thought about selling this one off immedatly and getting one, now with all this heat business Im glad i stuck with my PB

Yes, me too! It's a good lesson to be learnt.

The grass is always greener...

Rich.

silversyren

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2006
I just got my powerbook and after playing on it for two hours last night, the bottom was pretty hot, just on the side of still being able to keep my hand on it.

I thought this was normal for powerbook and I kinda wondered why there was an outcry about the MacBook/Pro line running hot since people should be used to their laptops being fairly heated already -- but I guess the MacBook/Pro line is can't-even-touch-it hot?

zaxxon

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2006
Think twice about that plasma..

mkrishnan said:
Nice work. ;) Putting Scarface on top was an especially nice touch. I'm thinking about getting a plasma screen and mounting it on the ceiling above my bed, and playing that movie 24/7. :D

Plasma screens wear out pretty fast if they're installed like that. You should go with LCD.

davidchan100

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2006
replace thermo plate

I have tried to put new thermo compounds on my GPU, and it doesn't seem to have any different to my, the bottom of the 12" powerbook still hot and the fan keep turn on all the time. I could manage to replace the thermo plate of the cpu, becasue i think that is pretty thick and i am not sure is that going to leave a gap if i replace it by thermo compound. Could somebody give me some advice please.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.