Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I mostly work from home. But live in the countryside and drive into the office when I’m in. Much prefer it.

I’m not in London all that often, but always drive to our office there. I prefer my own space.

The problem with (and tragedy of) the Tube is that it could be so much better.

And, since I have seen what some other countries offered in their underground systems, I have found it somewhat claustrophobic - I don't like the design; or, rather, I prefer the continental versions (which are more spacious).

Granted, I had loved it (marvel of engineering, revolutionary form of transport, speedy means of transporting large numbers of humans, etc) until I saw what Paris, St Petersburg, Moscow, Prague, Brussels, and yes, even places such as Tashkent (the underground there is astonishing and wholly unexpected) offered in their respective underground systems which are genuine revelations.

Now, I wonder why London cannot be better.

You could try the Circle Line pub crawl as a warm up 😉
Do you boys and @dmr727 want to join me on @scubachap 's suggestion? For me though it would have to be pints of non-alcoholic beverages though 😇

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2009
Problem with 'the countryside', is that it's generally only nice when the weather's good. Which, in the UK, isn't very often outside of the summer. Who wants to trudge about in the cold and wet? Whereas cities offer lots of experiences that can be had inside in the warm.
I meant countryside villages and the market towns across the country. not fields and hiking. although like you said that's Nice when the weather permits.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.