Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
i have been an android hater ever since i knew what an iPhone was. I'm perfectly happy with my jailbroken iPhone 5, and i am waiting for the iPhone 6 to come out and i will promptly upgrade. however, android seems less like the bad guy lately. at least the google version anyways. i will always hate samsung. so I'm looking to try an android phone without contract on verizon fairly cheaply. but i do not want garbage. i was looking at the moto x, and i like the size, and the specs are similar to my iPhone 5. are there any other android phones i should look at before getting a moto x? i would prefer a stock android phone. thanks.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
well, what phone should i get, and is android really bad or something that i would be burning my money?

No - Android is a great OS in its own right. If you're looking for cheaper and few compromises, you could try a Nexus 5. Good specs, vanilla Android and plenty of room to customize. Was my favorite Android of 2013.

Mikhailov

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
I had a Moto X alongside an iPhone 5 for awhile. I loved that phone to death. I sold it because I couldn't justify two phones and needed the extra money, but man do I miss the Moto X. If you're looking to try the other side, the Moto X is a great option.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Seems like you take this stuff a little serious

LOL...no kidding....the Dark Side? :rolleyes:

Yes the Nexus 5 camera is pretty decent. Its pretty good really, Just not great in low light but the flash will take care of that or have it in HDR+ mode.

Last edited:

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Alright. Will probably get a nexus 5 then. And lol its all joking around. I will go back to iphone but just wanna see how i like android.

----------

also, is the nexus 5 verizon compatable?

alexander2020

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2014
i have been an android hater ever since i knew what an iPhone was. I'm perfectly happy with my jailbroken iPhone 5, and i am waiting for the iPhone 6 to come out and i will promptly upgrade. however, android seems less like the bad guy lately. at least the google version anyways. i will always hate samsung. so I'm looking to try an android phone without contract on verizon fairly cheaply. but i do not want garbage. i was looking at the moto x, and i like the size, and the specs are similar to my iPhone 5. are there any other android phones i should look at before getting a moto x? i would prefer a stock android phone. thanks.

Your screen name is "apple nerd". Need I say more?
:D
I have always preferred iphone over android phones too. I like how moto X looks but nothing can beat iphone. ;)

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Try the G2 from LG. Lower price now and great phone. I sold my 5S and couldn't be happier with the G2. Expand your horizons.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Try the G2 from LG. Lower price now and great phone. I sold my 5S and couldn't be happier with the G2. Expand your horizons.

Eh, the apple fanboy in me has boycotted the g2 long ago when they stole apples "if you know how to point you already know how to use it" slogan. Plus its a bit too big i think.

KAB2010

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2009
Louisiana
Alright. Will probably get a nexus 5 then. And lol its all joking around. I will go back to iphone but just wanna see how i like android.

----------

also, is the nexus 5 verizon compatable?

The iPhone 5 has a much better camera than the Nexus 5. The G2 has the worst front camera I've personally seen. The Galaxy S5 has a good main camera but a poor front camera. HTC One has a mediocre main camera. iPhone 5S in most conditions is the best camera in comparison to the good android phones. iPhone 5 isn't far behind.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
Eh, the apple fanboy in me has boycotted the g2 long ago when they stole apples "if you know how to point you already know how to use it" slogan. Plus its a bit too big i think.

You are like this at 15? Best thing you can do for yourself is sell or your gadgets in your signature and buy a guitar, surfboard, or something that doesn't involve a screen!!

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
You may as well stick to your iPhone. Don't even waste your money on an Android device because all you will do is see the negatives about it and say, oh my iPhone does this or that so much better. Switching platforms isn't for everyone. You're 15, your friends won't think you are cool with an Android device. :)

- Sent from my Note 3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.