Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
Whether it was made the way it is, or the way you wish it to be, the GS3 is a crappy lookin' phone regardless.

Samsung, especially now after this trial, will be nothing more than a cheap knock-off Apple-wannabe who will never catch up again.

You are right. We should all only be allowed to own Apple products. Apple invented everything and therefore nothing else is allowed to be made. :rolleyes:

By the way, the iphone might as well be an antique in the tech world. Talk about a 3 year old dated design. Guess Apple ran out of ideas when they made the iphone 4, huh? I find the iPhone slow, dated, too little of RAM, not enough horsepower and with a very stale looking OS. To me, that is the definition of ugly, and being lazy with your product. I can't even stand to hold the iphone anymore cause it is so tiny and woefully inadequate. ;) Enjoy.

----------

Yea carbon fiber wannabe in the end of the day it is still vinyls! :7 3M 2012 vinyls.

Well, unfortunately real carbon fiber can't be used. Or did you not read that part? Metal and real CF block the NFC signal, which means no Google Wallet or Isis. And real CF covers would be too rigid, causing cracking after limited use, since only 2-3 layers of cloth could be laid, before it would get to thick and heavy.
What i have is better for this application and use. The rubber will last longer and is not as slippery as real CF. And it feels better in the hand.

By the way, I used to race superbikes in the US and England. I know a thing or two about Carbon Fiber. Call it as you like, but you are not very well informed. And by the way, it isn't 3m. Cheers.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Whether it was made the way it is, or the way you wish it to be, the GS3 is a crappy lookin' phone regardless.

Samsung, especially now after this trial, will be nothing more than a cheap knock-off Apple-wannabe who will never catch up again.

i like apple just as much as the next guy. But the last two posts i have read from you are ridiculous.
What are you gaining by trolling about how awesome apple is, all others are copies, and all other companies are copying their "ecosystem" lol on these forums?
seriously man, get a hobby.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
You are right. We should all only be allowed to own Apple products. Apple invented everything and therefore nothing else is allowed to be made. :rolleyes:

By the way, the iphone might as well be an antique in the tech world. Talk about a 3 year old dated design. Guess Apple ran out of ideas when they made the iphone 4, huh? I find the iPhone slow, dated, too little of RAM, not enough horsepower and with a very stale looking OS. To me, that is the definition of ugly, and being lazy with your product. I can't even stand to hold the iphone anymore cause it is so tiny and woefully inadequate. ;) Enjoy.

----------

Well, unfortunately real carbon fiber can't be used. Or did you not read that part? Metal and real CF block the NFC signal, which means no Google Wallet or Isis. And real CF covers would be too rigid, causing cracking after limited use, since only 2-3 layers of cloth could be laid, before it would get to thick and heavy.
What i have is better for this application and use. The rubber will last longer and is not as slippery as real CF. And it feels better in the hand.

By the way, I used to race superbikes in the US and England. I know a thing or two about Carbon Fiber. Call it as you like, but you are not very well informed. And by the way, it isn't 3m. Cheers.

Did you read what you replied earlier when I mention vinyls then you said it is not! :rolleyes: and now you are telling me it is some type of vinyls?! Anyways like I say no matter what it is still vinyls carbon fiber wannabe! How well do you want me to be informed about a vinyls or piece of carbon wannabe sticker stick on your back cover brah?

Anyways if I was gonna have a piece of vinyl I would go 3M instead of a so called special piece you have there! :7

http://www.getcarbonfiber.com/

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010

Please, refrain from comment if you...

Nah, I'm just kidding buddy. I actually find funny this kind of posts. I always wonder who would say such nonsense.

Sometimes I lose faith in humanity and rational people...

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
Believe it or not, upon reflection, although I am not keen on the form factor as in aesthetics, the device does feel much "nicer in the hand" than my iP4 ever did, but the ONE thing I do like about the design is the color of my pebble blue metallic shining through the glass.

I would have LOVED the garnet colour... damn Canada ;)

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
Believe it or not, upon reflection, although I am not keen on the form factor as in aesthetics, the device does feel much "nicer in the hand" than my iP4 ever did, but the ONE thing I do like about the design is the color of my pebble blue metallic shining through the glass.

I would have LOVED the garnet colour... damn Canada ;)

We have the better colors and pound you in women's soccer. It must be tough!

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
If you don't mind, where exactly did you get the back cover? I'm looking to change mine out because I go caseless and I'm starting to notice scratches and abrasions on the back (can only be seen in direct light, but still there). I love the thin profile of the phone so a case is no go for me.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
If you don't mind, where exactly did you get the back cover? I'm looking to change mine out because I go caseless and I'm starting to notice scratches and abrasions on the back (can only be seen in direct light, but still there). I love the thin profile of the phone so a case is no go for me.

I got it from Amazon. Search for [Aftermarket Product] Brand New Blue Frame+Black Slope Pattern Back Rear Battery Cover Door For Samsung Galaxy S3

It is 15 bucks.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Owning a white GS3 myself, I gotta say I much prefer the original design to the OP's modifications. Sorry, just my opinion.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Just recently got these two back battery covers. My clear case does still go on though very snug. Im currently using the first cover without the clear case. Looks sharp on the phone imo. Both are from China and took 3 weeks to get them from This site.

This is a metal back and NFC does not work with it on.
20120817_193147.jpg

Real leather and NFC does work with it on and it gives a better grip.
20120817_193158.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.