Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
I was thinking of actually getting an Hermès watch band, even though it's over $330.

Does anybody own that thinks its worth the price? (Obviously $300+ for a watch strap is absurd so thats not the question im asking)

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
I have two and I love them. Leather quality and workmanship is always superb with Hermes. Whether it is worth the price of entry is really up to you to decide.
i ended up getting the band i wanted from the hermes site i figured its now or never if i really want it

the quality compared to apple’s classic buckle is remarkable. the leather is soft with great quality

Last edited:

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
Hermes leather bands are incredible. That said, it's leather and many of the bands will get a patina. Just keep that in mind. Plus most luxury items aren't worth it, but we get them anyway ha :)

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I really love the look of the Indigo/Craie/Orange and the Bleu Lin/Craie/Bleu du Nord Swift Leather Single Tours and am willing to pay the $340 price for OEM, but I am pretty sure that the 195mm length would result in a very tight fit based on some third-party bands I have tried with that length (I wear the 210mm Leather Loop and 220mm Sport Loop). I also have a Black Stainless Steel Series 4 and I want my lugs to match.

I found a longer third-party Indigo/Craie/Orange Swift Leather Single Tour and swapped the silver lugs for black. It's still a bit tight, so I imagine the OEM one would be even worse (my local Apple Store does not stock them, though there is a Hermes store nearby and maybe they have one I can try). Now just to wait for them to release a Bleu Lin/Craie/Bleu du Nord. :D

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
I really love the look of the Indigo/Craie/Orange and the Bleu Lin/Craie/Bleu du Nord Swift Leather Single Tours and am willing to pay the $340 price for OEM, but I am pretty sure that the 195mm length would result in a very tight fit based on some third-party bands I have tried with that length (I wear the 210mm Leather Loop and 220mm Sport Loop). I also have a Black Stainless Steel Series 4 and I want my lugs to match.

I found a longer third-party Indigo/Craie/Orange Swift Leather Single Tour and swapped the silver lugs for black. It's still a bit tight, so I imagine the OEM one would be even worse (my local Apple Store does not stock them, though there is a Hermes store nearby and maybe they have one I can try). Now just to wait for them to release a Bleu Lin/Craie/Bleu du Nord. :D
you can get more holes added for free at a hermes store if you buy a hermes single tour band! :)

thats what im going to do with my extreme rose double tour band

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
My Hermes band is my favorite accessory I have ever purchased for an Apple product. Unlike most leather bands, Hermes bands are thin and supple, with beautiful grain.
yes i caved and now own 3 hermes watch bands

- bordeaux/rose extrême/rose azalée single tour
- bordeaux/rose extrême/rose azalée double tour
- rose sakura/craie/argile single tour

they are so beautiful

CreepyAF

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Behind you
Depends if u have affluenza like I do. I tend to wear things more often if they cost more. I’m sick like that. So I’d rather have investment pieces than cheap throw aways. But I’ve yet to get an Hermès band. I’m quite happy with my leather loops.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
Depends if u have affluenza like I do. I tend to wear things more often if they cost more. I’m sick like that. So I’d rather have investment pieces than cheap throw aways. But I’ve yet to get an Hermès band. I’m quite happy with my leather loops.
interesting im more of the opposite.

i tend to wear things less if i paid a lot for them because of their worth plus the fact they are limited in supply.

CreepyAF

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Behind you
interesting im more of the opposite.

i tend to wear things less if i paid a lot for them because of their worth plus the fact they are limited in supply.

Nah, it’s all about feeling good in what I’m wearing or sporting. I would rather wear a pair of $500 trickers shoes than own 10 pairs of aldos. Or get a $1200 Herman Miller embody chair with a 12 year warranty than $60 staples chair that Ill have to replace every few years.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
Nah, it’s all about feeling good in what I’m wearing or sporting. I would rather wear a pair of $500 trickers shoes than own 10 pairs of aldos. Or get a $1200 Herman Miller embody chair with a 12 year warranty than $60 staples chair that Ill have to replace every few years.
these bands are definitely quality. I have the soft pink classic buckle from apple and compared to the hermes bands i recently purchased the difference in texture is insane

CreepyAF

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Behind you
these bands are definitely quality. I have the soft pink classic buckle from apple and compared to the hermes bands i recently purchased the difference in texture is insane

Compared to their small leather goods, the watch bands are actually quite affordable. Their key chain tags are waaay more. I like Hermès ties and have a nice collection that I’ve accrued over the years

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
Compared to their small leather goods, the watch bands are actually quite affordable. Their key chain tags are waaay more. I like Hermès ties and have a nice collection that I’ve accrued over the years
get yourself a hermes watch band then, you won't regret it since you have the taste for finer things

Reactions: CreepyAF

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
I think the OP has made a determination on Hermes bands, but I wanted to chime in...

I got my wife a 40mm Hermes for Christmas last year. She loves it, and will always match the face to the band. I've gotten her two extra Hermes bands (Valentines Day and Birthday gifts), and can say they are of much better quality than all the Apple leather bands and the third party leather bands that I've used in the past. Yeah, they are expensive, but if you want the best, the Hermes bands are it.

I ordered the new Rose Sakura band for her, which is expected to be delivered in early May. Might give her that one for Mother's Day.

outsidah

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
On this topic - I concur the Hermes bands are amazing after owning one. Question is though - has anyone found a 3rd party that makes bands of this quality? Not talking about fake Hermes, but just another retailer of high quality bands.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
On this topic - I concur the Hermes bands are amazing after owning one. Question is though - has anyone found a 3rd party that makes bands of this quality? Not talking about fake Hermes, but just another retailer of high quality bands.

hmm good question, i've seen a long list on this site before for third party bands, maybe one of those are good? You can also get hand-made leather bands from Etsy.

It won't be the same as Hermes because Hermes is known for their exquisite leather work, but who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: nikkisharif

nikkisharif

macrumors regular
May 22, 2019

You can find decent leather options on various sites but as @rosegoldoli said, the quality won’t be the same....unless they’re in a similar price range. Hermes is one of the few high end fashion houses known for their leather. Not sure you’ll find many to compete on that level.

Reactions: rosegoldoli

speed608

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2015
Malawi
Have you tried Monowear, i have both the Hermes and one from Monowear and the deployant clasp from Monowear is fantastic.

Noxm

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2017
I still have a hermes s4 at home and the leatherband is really awesome. Now I got a ceramic S5 and think if I should get the black leather band from hermes, cause the SS doesn‘t look so nice on the ceramic.

outsidah

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
I still have a hermes s4 at home and the leatherband is really awesome. Now I got a ceramic S5 and think if I should get the black leather band from hermes, cause the SS doesn‘t look so nice on the ceramic.

IMO the SS looks terrible on the white ceramic. I would stick to the colored bands, leather loops or anything eight black hardware like the one you are thinking of getting.

Reactions: drew0020
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.