Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2019
I still have a hermes s4 at home and the leatherband is really awesome. Now I got a ceramic S5 and think if I should get the black leather band from hermes, cause the SS doesn‘t look so nice on the ceramic.

i feel the black stainless steel will compliment nicely because its a darker metal. it would also match the black digital crown

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
IMO the SS looks terrible on the white ceramic. I would stick to the colored bands, leather loops or anything eight black hardware like the one you are thinking of getting.

yea i agree... i think leather loops would look the nicest and most "formal" without a weird metal shine out of the lug areas of the ceramic..

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
If only they made one with black lugs...
Now they do!

Hermes bands are definitely the superior type of leather band for the AW if you want that classic look, but personally I prefer my SB link bracelet. If I want classic I straight out wear a mechanical watch.

Drababan

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2016
I have 2 Hermès bands (white/navy and Ebene deployment buckle). I’ve also got the new black one but I haven’t worn it and am selling it while I wait for my Noir Hermès to come in (so technically 3 but only 2 actually being worn). There is nothing that I’ve seen that comes close to the Hermès band quality. I was a Movodo wearer before Apple Watch and even their leather was not as nice. I have the saddle brown, white, and black, Apple classic buckle bands from gen 1. They are ok but not really even in the same discussion as the Hermès.

paulchiu

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2009
nyc
Any suggestions on Hermes leather bands for small wrist.
I tried the deployment buckle leather bands today and at the shortest hole, still too big for my wrist. I asked if Apple can punch more holes into the leather, and the rep gave me that LOOK.

So, I adore the leather on the Barénia Single Tour Deployment Buckle, is there the same soft leather in a shorter band?

THanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.