Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vmac556

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2016
all the iphone's since the 5s/se been all garbage, they need to release a 5s chassis phone with xs features and work on fixing ios by making it simple again, icloud is a mess too but not a priority

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
all the iphone's since the 5s/se been all garbage, they need to release a 5s chassis phone with xs features and work on fixing ios by making it simple again, icloud is a mess too but not a priority
Garbage because they've been larger? o_O

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
I am not contributing to the continued proliferation of the fugly camera bump on the iPhone.

I will stick with the much smaller but still ugly camera bump on my 6s+ until I can afford a new phone - which won't be iPhone if Apple continues with the camera bump.

Tim Cook will have to bail himself out.
Just get the s10 bro. It’s gonna be awesome. Can’t wait to preorder mine tomorrow. Ready for the indisplay fingerprint sensor

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
... so go out and upgrade. I just did my duty as a fellow Apple member and upgraded my iPhone. Make Apple great again.

Duty you say..surely you jest. Apples customers made Apple the company it is today. Both powerful and rich. The only duty I see is Apple towards their customers. So if they want me to upgrade they need to offer me a product that I want to purchase.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Just get the s10 bro. It’s gonna be awesome. Can’t wait to preorder mine tomorrow. Ready for the indisplay fingerprint sensor

Being this is first Gen tech with the S10, I’m curious to see the feedback on the fingerprint sensor under the display and how others respond to it. More than anything, I’m curious to see how the accuracy is with a screen protector on top of the display.

Reactions: akash.nu

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Being this is first Gen tech with the S10, I’m curious to see the feedback on the fingerprint sensor under the display and how others respond to it. More than anything, I’m curious to see how the accuracy is with a screen protector on top of the display.
The under display fingerprint reader is not compatible with all screen protectors.

I personally would rather have both authentication methods, but like Face ID better than Touch ID at this point.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The under display fingerprint reader is not compatible with all screen protectors.

Interesting. I wonder how many users will actually know that information depending which screen protector they choose to find out that it may cause some type of interruption with the accuracy rate of the finger print sensor. It could create confusion if they think that the phone is having problems or is the screen protector causing it.

Reactions: I7guy

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
I wouldn't say that. I had a shot with an SE recently, and while certain aspects of it are very nice, I couldn't go back and use a 4" screen. Just trying to type on it was a pain.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I wouldn't say that. I had a shot with an SE recently, and while certain aspects of it are very nice, I couldn't go back and use a 4" screen. Just trying to type on it was a pain.

I said the same thing about typing on a 4 inch iPhone, and when I purchased the iPhone SE in 2016, you adjust, it’s like anything else, it may not be comfortable at first, but you adapt to the keyboard, and you learn to appreciate the form factor why you purchase that phone in the first place over the sacrifice of having a smaller keyboard.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
Yeah I’m just gonna buy the white stone dome protector and then I’ll be fine. I’m buying 2 s10+s anyway so it’s only $30 for each protector which isn’t bad.

Superhappytree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Cumbria
Steve allowed a lot of stuffs to go out under him. Also, Steve headed a much smaller and less global company. Apple is not the same kettle of fish anymore. It’ll be improper to say - Steve would have done something else... nobody really knows the answer.

Sorry, but I don’t buy this “Apple is a bigger/more global company now” BS copout. Apple became leaps and bounds bigger from when they were on the brink of bankruptcy in 1997 to 2011 and yet their quality standards didn’t change. In fact they only improved over time. Steve even said this himself in an interview once that he didn’t understand that just because your company gets big doesn’t mean your quality standards should deteriorate at the expense of the user just to focus on profit.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
I've just come out of hospital after a 15 day stay. My only device was the XR. I found the experience to be good in most aspects - I was watching a lot of YouTube. But typing on the screen I still find difficult and the XR has a 6.1" screen. It's mostly down to me if others have no problems.

The only screen I'm comfortable using is the 10.5" iPad Pro. I'm not slowed down by typos or other errors.

Think creative

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2013
Apple's doing fine. Tim's doing a good job for one of the biggest companies in the world. Are there weak areas? Yeah there are. But they're working on fixing them (their computer line really). I want the iPhones to be cooler, but at this point, most phones have reached a level of maturity. I'll take Apple's (6 months behind Samsung in some areas but have the new tech work) strategy over being first any day of the week. Foldable iPhones in 2021 will be much better than what was released this week.

Reactions: s15119 and rugmankc

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Well this week’s announcements and my constant borking of Windows machines are keeping me around for the time being.
If Cook and co actually listened about what some of us would like in our iMac and iPad Minis, I’ll be happy indeed.

This has been a rough 5 years for me in Mac & :apple: land, but I am willing to give them one more go from a hardware perspective (Too entrenched and Windows or Linux is not my thing).

So hopefully things might change if Apple actually does something about some of the complaints they’ve received.

Does this change my opinion of Cook? No, but that’s okay too.

macbookhair

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2015
Apple is suffering from the classic big company cancer - pursuit of profits to maintain shareholder value above all other considerations. This often starts slowly and eventually becomes the entire focus of the company until customer loyalty is near extinguished, after which the revenues rapidly drop and the company consumes itself.

This process will take longer with Apple because of their cash pile, although we don't know how high their true operating costs are, particularly when you take their physical infrastructure and staffing levels into account.

Sadly, Tim Cook has done nothing to prevent this cancer taking hold, which had already started before Jobs died. That is his failure and that will be his legacy.
[doublepost=1553266883][/doublepost]
Whether you like his direction or not, at the end of the day he was put there to make money for Apple, and he made them a lot of money - even taking them to the trillion dollar valuation. It is hard to argue that he has low tech IQ because you are angry about the products when all other tech CEO’s are envious of his success.

I am a huge critic of a lot of Apple products and processes, but numbers don’t lie.

Great results in the short term, albeit easily achieved when a company has such enormous existing success, but not in the longer term where sustainability relies on innovation, maintaining brand value, customer loyalty etc. All of which have been drastically eroded at Apple since 2011.

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
Apple is suffering from the classic big company cancer - pursuit of profits to maintain shareholder value above all other considerations. This often starts slowly and eventually becomes the entire focus of the company until customer loyalty is near extinguished, after which the revenues rapidly drop and the company consumes itself.

This process will take longer with Apple because of their cash pile, although we don't know how high their true operating costs are, particularly when you take their physical infrastructure and staffing levels into account.

Sadly, Tim Cook has done nothing to prevent this cancer taking hold, which had already started before Jobs died. That is his failure and that will be his legacy.
[doublepost=1553266883][/doublepost]

Great results in the short term, albeit easily achieved when a company has such enormous existing success, but not in the longer term where sustainability relies on innovation, maintaining brand value, customer loyalty etc. All of which have been drastically eroded at Apple since 2011.

You say it’s easy within such a company, but look how many huge corporations failed in the past. The bigger you are, the harder it is to stay at the top. Costs spiral and operations become very complex.

Reactions: macbookhair

chineseguy38

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Melbourne
I think Tim Apple should resign. Since he takes over, Apple is coming out with crap products, delays of products releases and even cancelled. iPad Air and iPad mini 5. Seriously?! iOS is full of issues and engineers are unable to resolve them since iOS 12 releases until now. Apple Care support standard is going down hill.

Reactions: Mendota

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I think Tim Apple should resign. Since he takes over, Apple is coming out with crap products, delays of products releases and even cancelled. iPad Air and iPad mini 5. Seriously?! iOS is full of issues and engineers are unable to resolve them since iOS 12 releases until now. Apple Care support standard is going down hill.
The company has just been doing horribly since he has been put in charge.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Tim Cook is an incompetent bean counter, but I think there is a little bit more to it. Apple for me really fell apart in 2012. Steve Jobs was gone, and we lost a lot of skilled employees. Bob Mansfield retired from Mac engineering (quality of the Mac has collapsed since he left) and Scott Forstall was fired (iOS has been garbage since we lost him) This also led to Jony Ive gaining more power in Apple. I think he is really who has driven Apple into the ground, but only because Tim has allowed him to. I think both Tim and Jony should be fired.

chineseguy38

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Melbourne
Tim Cook is an incompetent bean counter, but I think there is a little bit more to it. Apple for me really fell apart in 2012. Steve Jobs was gone, and we lost a lot of skilled employees. Bob Mansfield retired from Mac engineering (quality of the Mac has collapsed since he left) and Scott Forstall was fired (iOS has been garbage since we lost him) This also led to Jony Ive gaining more power in Apple. I think he is really who has driven Apple into the ground, but only because Tim has allowed him to. I think both Tim and Jony should be fired.
We should get a petition done to get rid of Tim Apple

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.