Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
For those who want to make the argument that minorities do not get any special treatment either, go ahead and reacquaint yourself with Affirmative Action. This is exactly the purpose of this program. In this country we seem to be familiar with whom those minorities are. The irony is minorities are different in the different countries that participate. <mind blown>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action
http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/hiring/affirmativeact.htm

And yes I have seen this in action, no pun intended, firsthand. It's pathetic. If you want what someone else has get off of your posterior and go work for it instead of waiting for it to be handed to you. This applies not only personally, such as in education, but professionally as well.

I included the link to the Wiki so you could also see how it works in other countries where the purpose is clear and they don't try to be coy by hiding it's true purpose through some website attempting to spin it in some politically correct fashion, in this case the DOL site.

As-Salaam-Alaikum :D

Tough Guy

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
Yeah okay. :rolleyes:

You have no comeback because you know it's true. I know your type. You're the kind of guy who is caught ogling at me and my friends when we are out with girls and quickly looks away to avoid eye contact when we notice you staring. That's envy, my dude. We all have a good laugh at guys like you. :D

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination

DonJudgeMe

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2014
Arizona
You really aren't. But I'm not at all concerned about your intelligence, or the lack thereof.

Admit it, kid. You envy and resent white men. All of your replies in this thread scream white-envy. You resent how they dominate you in academics. You resent how they dominate you in the workforce. You resent that they earn more than you, drive nicer cars, and have prettier women (that's the one that really gets to you, doesn't it :D). Must sucks to be stuck with ugly women that look like Jesse Jackson in drag.

You are stuck earning little (if anything), doing poorly in school (assuming you didn't drop out) and collecting welfare checks. Meanwhile, white men are out achieving you in school, earning more money, living in better neighborhoods, and getting with women who wouldn't look at you twice.

I am trying really hard to figure out if you are being serious, or just egging him on?

You should be clearer of your intentions. I really want to believe you are not racist, but you are not making it easy...:confused:

Tough Guy

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
I am trying really hard to figure out if you are being serious, or just egging him on?

You should be clearer of your intentions. I really want to believe you are not racist, but you are not making it easy...:confused:

Read some of his posts. This is exactly the type of person he is.

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
These links give even more insight to the truth about Affirmative Action.

The biggest myth of all is that minorities benefit most from it. In fact it's white women that benefit the most from AA.

You're just insulting me maybe . . . . why would I even need to anything in reply to what you say when you're going to be in Time-Out soon?

You mentioned someone not having firsthand experience in another post. I don't need an article telling me what is and what isn't when I have seen it myself. The article was simply to educate others.

Double standard?

I see you didn't respond to my greeting either. I'm crushed. :D

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination

He's egging me on. Luckily I don't have to resort to insults.

Read some of his posts. This is exactly the type of person he is.

Minus the insults . . . . oh and the prejudice and the white supremacism and the racism and the missing facts and unsubstantiated claims and . . . .

You mentioned someone not having firsthand experience in another post. I don't need an article telling me what is and what isn't when I have seen it myself. The article was simply to educate others.

Double standard?

I see you didn't respond to my greeting either. I'm crushed. :D

Sorry, I shall in deed.

To be honest, I can't say that people don't practice AA wrong, or do the wrong thing, but if that's the case you can always sue, as many whites have done and have won.

AA isn't a perfect system, and establishing quotas and hiring under qualified individuals is lazy, illegal, and not how AA is supposed to be done.

Unknown to Tough Guy, I work a college in Baltimore City, a predominantly white college, and the legal way to practice AA is to SEEK a more diverse pool of candidates.

If those candidates aren't qualified then they don't get hired. I've thrown many a resume in the trash that shows an unqualified candidate.

Renzatic

Suspended
I hope we don't have to wait that long. I've already got Tough Guy insulting me, but the Mods are extra slow in putting him in Time-Out.

If I were them, I'd save anything that happens in PRSI for the very last, cuz I wouldn't want to have to deal with it until I absolutely had to.

Especially the way things have been going on here recently. It's always been pretty heated and impassioned around here, but things have bumped up to ridiculous extremes as of late.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
Supports a team from a city that has one of the largest black communities in America, does not support a person who promotes black rights :rolleyes:

I don't even begin to understand people who live that as their reality and don't support doing something about it.

If Jesse cared about black rights, I might feel differently. Jesse cares about two things. Jesse and money.

A former employee of mine had a Summer internship with Rainbow PUSH, while she attended UIC. I hired her before she graduated the following December. The following Spring, my employer began working with inner-city schools and volunteer groups.

Guess which group my employee refused to work with? She wasn't the only one either.

----------

If I were them, I'd save anything that happens in PRSI for the very last, cuz I wouldn't want to have to deal with it until I absolutely had to.

Especially the way things have been going on here recently. It's always been pretty heated and impassioned around here, but things have bumped up to ridiculous extremes as of late.

Unfortunately it is from both sides of the argument. In most threads.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination

Agreed, not to mention no gray areas.

You can not like Jesse Jackson, without coming out of the bigot/racist closet.

They could also save the prejudice for page 5, and not page 1. I mean, they started with the prejudice on the 5 comment and it got 40 upvotes.

Tough Guy

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
I know that he is racist. I am wondering about you... i cant tell if youre just trying to get him to admit this, or if you are really believing what you are saying about minorities?

I believe what I'm saying about him in particular. His envy and resentment especially.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I believe what I'm saying about him in particular. His envy and resentment especially.

I'm not the one sending heated PMs though.

I'll admit that I've contributed my fair amount. This last week or so has been nothing but veiled insults, baiting, and strawmen being thrown all over the place. No real debating going on.

Sadly I came in this thread WAY to late for any actual debate. Page 3 is full of all of that and no Mods yet.

They should start practicing outright deleting entire threads.

snorkelman

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2010
Surely Tim could start the ball rolling by stepping aside in favour of an African American CEO

DonJudgeMe

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2014
Arizona

Yeah, but you made generalizations about entire races.

You should retract those statements or put an '/s' at the end of statements, because otherwise you are making yourself look pretty racist.

Like I said, I do not think that you are because I witnessed previous posts of yours, but for those that have not you look like a bigot on this thread. Just a friendly heads up.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.