Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

traveltoromantis

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2017
Trouble free and no issues with my 15 pro here! Super lightweight and the first pro phone I've really liked since the 11 pro. Camera honestly feels like a downgrade, but that has more to do with their aggressive postprocessing.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I have the 15 Pro Max. It’s a nice phone but if I were you I’d hold out to the next one. The phone you have is great and sounds like it should last you another year no problem.

Wait another year then you’ll be even more happy to get a new one. Nothing to make you rush to the 15 currently.
Good advice for those who don’t use the iPhone for photography or video. If it’s “just A phone” to you then yeah hold off as long as you want. If you are interested in the cameras, then upgrade. I know several people who don’t care about upgrading, they say, “it’s just a phone”. In capable hands, the 15 pro max is an incredible device. If you’re not into photography or video or rarely take photos, then get the regular 15 or 15 plus. That way the pro cameras on the pro models won’t got to waste / unused.

Runaway Train

macrumors member
May 20, 2023
Went from 11 PM to 15 Pro, though I’ve only tested it thus far during set up (it’s a Christmas present), big jump. Would tend to agree year over year it’s strictly incremental now - but the gap 4 iterations down the line is noticeable for me at least. Brighter, quicker, USB C, not to mention the photo/video upgrades which are substantial. Sure, I can wait until next year and then the next and the next after that. It’s the most current model right now and for me and living in the present is where I am right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.