Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freejack

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Anyone else having this problem? I've tried hard resetting several times now but the touch screen still doesn't work.

The last time it worked was when I tried to hang up a call. The call became stuck so I killed the phone app from the multitasking UI. Springboard immediately restarted and when it came back, touch was no longer working.

Hope I won't have to wait till I get home to reinstall.

Sadness :(:(:(

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Anyone else having this problem? I've tried hard resetting several times now but the touch screen still doesn't work.

The last time it worked was when I tried to hang up a call. The call became stuck so I killed the phone app from the multitasking UI. Springboard immediately restarted and when it came back, touch was no longer working.

Hope I won't have to wait till I get home to reinstall.

Sadness :(:(:(

Mine just did it on my iPad.

Chalmo

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2013
I've had similar on my iPhone 4S. Its even more unresponsive than the first beta.

Locking and unlocking (slowly) seems to bring it back again.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Re-upgrading now.

I'll see what happens.

----------

Re-upgrading worked.

There is another thread for this issue - seems to be related to low battery.

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Same issue happened to me. Springboard relaunched after crashing in multitasking. Complete lack of touch input, even after reboot. However, I managed to fix it without reinstall: from the lock screen, use Siri to launch an app, and everything should return back to normal.

JoyceA7x

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
Had the same

I had the same problem with my iphone 4, so I tried to hold the home button and the turn off button for about 8 sec, and then waited for my iphone to restard, that worked, and now my iphone is responsing normal.. for now

TomH TX

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
I have been having the same trouble on a legit udid install on an ipad2. I started a thread about keyboard lag. Tried a full restore. At the "new device" stage, kb seemed to work. However, when it then restored from an ios7 backup it seems to have gone back to lagging. !@#$. Hard reset did nothing.

TomH TX

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
Happy to hear that the Siri trick works for some of you, but there is no Siri on an ipad 2. Any other thoughts????

nathanh

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
Same issue happened to me. Springboard relaunched after crashing in multitasking. Complete lack of touch input, even after reboot. However, I managed to fix it without reinstall: from the lock screen, use Siri to launch an app, and everything should return back to normal.

You're a genius. That worked perfectly.

cridenour

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013

Registered just to tell you that I love you now.

sb22

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2012

Oh you legend I love you :p

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I posted about this yesterday. Sometimes a prompt comes up where you are supposed to click ok or type something in it but it ends up going to the background and you can't get to it and that makes the touch screen unresponsive because the focus is on this missing window.

22hand

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2009
Yes. This is very annoying. The slide to unlock hanged up a few times every day. I will check if your trick works. Thanks.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I was able to reproduce this issue at least 2 times. It happens when a prompt comes up like an OK box or a box you're supposed to type into and you leave that window (by pressing home or whatever). The focus stays on that box which is now invisible and it seems like the screen isnt responding but in reality its another window you just cant see. This happens on Windows computers all the time where you hear the "ding" sound when you're trying to click out of something and it wont.

omgwut

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2006
I'm able to get around this by launching something with Siri. Just press and hold the home button until Siri pops up, then just say "open [app]" and when the app of choice launches I press the home button to exit to the menu and the screen is responsive again. Annoying, but it is a beta so...

Abba 701

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Happened to me as well.Didnt know about the Siri trick.ill see if ill go back to ios 7.went back to ios 6.1.4

youradhere4222

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
I'm having the same problem and I'm currently traveling overseas... so as you might imagine this is very frustrating for me (yes I know that I shouldn't have installed iOS 7).

I have airplane mode on so the siri trick wont work for me. The guy at the Apple store basically told me I was out of luck, as they cant help me since im using iOS 7. Any ideas?

Will recharging my phone work? Ive tried everything including a hard reset :(

Curtis 92

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2009
I had this problem with my iPhone 4, I tried everything to get the screen working without trying restore it. But finally my battery was starting to run out so I plugged it in, once charged and phone turned back on the screen was working perfect. This is one major bug!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.