Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Re-upgrading now.

I'll see what happens.

----------

Re-upgrading worked.

There is another thread for this issue - seems to be related to low battery.

Low battery notifications are freezing behind process and causing the issue- seen it happen around the 20 and 10% notification mark-

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
any notification prompt can result in this bug. Had it several times with low battery, and apps asking for access to agenda, contacts, microphone, etc...

I just lock the phone and leave it be for a couple of minutes and then most of the time it works again and will focus back on the prompt.
The Siri trick doesn't always work for me...

Guess we'll have to live with it until beta 3 is released, the dangers of beta software :)

rhaleuk

macrumors member
May 23, 2007
Same issue happened to me. Springboard relaunched after crashing in multitasking. Complete lack of touch input, even after reboot. However, I managed to fix it without reinstall: from the lock screen, use Siri to launch an app, and everything should return back to normal.

Brilliant. Sorted it.:D

TomH TX

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
In my case the battery level has nothing to do with it, since I have never been at less than 75% when the keyboard locked up, and since I do not have Siri on an ipad2 that is not a fix. So, guess I am stuck until beta 3.

proshady

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2013
any notification prompt can result in this bug. Had it several times with low battery, and apps asking for access to agenda, contacts, microphone, etc...

I just lock the phone and leave it be for a couple of minutes and then most of the time it works again and will focus back on the prompt.
The Siri trick doesn't always work for me...

Guess we'll have to live with it until beta 3 is released, the dangers of beta software :)

Yeah I got this problem these days and all I can do is plugging in my phone and WAIT until the battery is going up to 10% or 20% then everything goes fine again . Hope they can fix this in Beta 3.

Using SIRI to solve this problem is a nice try. I gonna test it later.

BTW how can I refuse a call in lock screen? iOS 6 I can simply scroll up then decline the call but now I can't find the bottom anywhere... I know I can double-click the Power to refuse it but sometimes it's just not convenient for me to do so.

Stiss

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2009
England
Same issue happened to me. Springboard relaunched after crashing in multitasking. Complete lack of touch input, even after reboot. However, I managed to fix it without reinstall: from the lock screen, use Siri to launch an app, and everything should return back to normal.

Wow. If only I tried this. I'm currently waiting 40 minutes for it to restore my stuff from iCloud. Piece of crap beta :p

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
This is happening to me right now. Normally I've been using the Siri workaround but now Siri isn't working either. Any suggestions?

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
Ive had it happen to me a couple of times. I can restart it over and over and it'll still be unresponsive.

My way around it, use Siri to launch an app and it seems to resolve the problem. I wasn't able to unlock my phone for almost an hour, I was getting important texts I couldn't read haha.

filmantopia

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2010

Completely resolved this issue for me. Thank you for saving me the hassle of a reinstall.

hectorchavez

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
If you don't have Siri on your device, just let the battery drain, then after you connect your device and turn back on the screen will work again,
Had this problem several times now in my iPhone 4

gasparvences

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
I have too been experiencing this. It is a major bug. The whole Siri thing doesn't work out exactly. It only works for me when and only my battery is at 10%...:(
But after that it works...

towg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2012
Cardiff
Ive had the same thing too and it was remedied when I connected to my Macbook and restarted. It was doubly annoying as I was in the middle of a text argument and couldnt reply but could see their messages :mad:

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
You win the prize! Thanks a ton.

radioactivet

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
I'm having the same problem and I'm currently traveling overseas... so as you might imagine this is very frustrating for me (yes I know that I shouldn't have installed iOS 7).

I have airplane mode on so the siri trick wont work for me. The guy at the Apple store basically told me I was out of luck, as they cant help me since im using iOS 7. Any ideas?

Will recharging my phone work? Ive tried everything including a hard reset :(

I had the same issue on my iPhone 5. Had just disabled the data connection before this happened. The following steps worked for me. See if they work for you:
1. Keep the phone plugged in to your laptop.
2. Hard reset the phone by holding power and home till the phone turns off and turns back on.
As soon as I heard the USB-Connected notification sound from my laptop, I tried unlocking the screen and it worked fine. I had tried hard resets when I was away from my laptop and it hadn't worked.
All the best!

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
I held down the power button and then home button 2 seconds later at the same time and keep holding it for up to 30 seconds. I witnessed this bug twice.

This simulates going into DFU mode.

JohnnyW2001

Suspended
Nov 6, 2012
Just so everyone knows: This is a bug where you phone gets the "20%/10%" battery message when your phone is locked. The message pops up behind something, and then you can't close it -- leaving the screen unresponsive.

The 100% fix is to simply let your phone run out of batteries and charge it again.

But I'm guessing it's been fixed since Beta 3 any way.

Kathyemcg

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2015
Anyone else having this problem? I've tried hard resetting several times now but the touch screen still doesn't work.

The last time it worked was when I tried to hang up a call. The call became stuck so I killed the phone app from the multitasking UI. Springboard immediately restarted and when it came back, touch was no longer working.

Hope I won't have to wait till I get home to reinstall.

Sadness :(:(:(

Hi, I have fitted a few new screens to iphone 5 & 5c & recently did my son's 5c again. The screen powered up but was unresponsive. Took it apart 5 times & still wouldnt work. Phoned Apple who talked me through restoring to factory settings but still no luck. Now this is gonna sound crazy but last night I took it apart & blew into the disconnected logic board etc then replaced them & the screen became responsive. Ive now restored it to the last itunes backup & the phone is working perfectly! Sounds like it was dust or fluff inside the boards & that was affecting it. Not saying you have the same problem but after a week of trying everything & getting very frustrated (as I hate being beaten lol) Ive finally fixed it with a very simple thing.

Reactions: freejack
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.