Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
A note for people who run into any issues: do not hesitate to contact me directly via email.

I have tried to contact you via e-mail...twice and received no response. I would like to send a donation for Power Plan Assistant, but the GMail account listed on your website will not accept money, according to PayPal.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
All is fixed now... Just any contribution is HIGHLY appreciated. Thank you much.

By the way the new feature is coming: it's OS X-like 3-finger dragging. I think it will become available right during the next week. I will post here when it is released. (And actually, that's not all: other gestures will be quite rearranged in the new release, because 3-finger space is now used for dragging).

Cheers,
Vladimir

andreareed2007

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2011
elimination of accidental input not working

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your hard work. I am having an issue though with the "elimination of accidental input" option. It does not appear to be working. I want it set to ignore all trackput input when I type. The current trackpad drives me CRAZY when I'm typing. The box is selected for ignoring input, but there is no change at all in the trackpad input while typing.

This feature was the only reason that I installed Trackpad++ in the first place, so I would really like to get this worked out. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrea

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
Accidental input filtering when typing is well-tested, and is actually one of the key features of the Trackpad++ (together with the 3/4-finger gestures and fixed scrolling). So, something went wrong when installing, I have no other ideas.

Suggestion: please try to exit '++' icon from tray and then reinstall using the new build released today.

By the way - here is the changelog for this new build (2.4a):

- 3-FINGER DRAGGING ADDED, as well as the new (related) configuration options;
- Back/forward gestures and middle-click emulation moved to 4-finger space;
- [Windows 8 only] Edge-gestures reliability raised, it shall be literally 99.999% now;
- Improved behavior when you choose to disable scrolling acceleration;
- Other (minor) bug fixes.

Just like the previous version, the Trackpad++ driver is compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit. Made for Macbook Retina/Pro/Air Mid-2009 to Late-2012.

gr4z

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
England
Hey Vladimir

I have been using your Trackpad++ drivers for a while and think they are great. However I just installed the new Bootcamp drivers that were released yesterday (10.8.3), think they are labelled v5. I noticed the two-finger scrolling is a *lot* smoother using the new Apple drivers on W8 (although haven't tried W7).

Is there anyway you can utilise this with the other features of Trackpad++? Obviously Apple drivers don't offer multi-touch gestures that your drivers do.

Thanks

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
May I suggest you to try to disable accelerated scrolling right in the Trackpad++ Control Module. In the build released this week (disabling) this option works differently than previously and is worth trying. But actually the accelerated scrolling model is what a lot of people choose, I know it for sure because I'm receiving a lot of emails with the (good) feedback regarding the accelerated scrolling.

By the way: both the Trackpad++ and Power Plan Assistant (my other tool for Boot Camp) are compatible with Boot Camp 5.0 / Windows 8 already.

printz

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2012
Does Trackpad++ have a pinch gesture for Windows 8 Start screen (as well as its other gimmicks)? Would be very cool.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
FYI - the Windows 8 specific gestures already available in the Trackpad++ 2.3d/2.4a:

- Right edge swipe (shall be performed like this: http://powerplan7.com/OutsideSwipe.gif) for diplaying Charms Bar;
- Left edge swipe for displaying Metro Switcher;
- 4-finger tap for displaying Windows 8 Start Screen.

Other goods like 4-finger up/down to show/hide open windows, 3-finger dragging, 3- or 4-finger back/forward, middle click emulation, etc. are the same in Windows 7 and Windows 8.

printz

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2012
Is there also a swipe for switching between "Metro" applications? Similar to how you switch between full-screen applications in OS X.

dreamsINdigital

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Good work Vladimir!

Suggestion: would it be possible to distinguish the direction of 4-finger swipes? For example, 4-finger swipe to the left opens Charms menu, and 4-finger swipe to the right opens Metro Switcher?

CocaCoca

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2010
With three fingr drag I've finally thrown away the OS X partition!!! Vlad, your driver works perfectly in the EFI mode ( W8 + MBP + EFI boot )!!! I've just sent you a donation again, coz you rock man :)

gr4z

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
England
May I suggest you to try to disable accelerated scrolling right in the Trackpad++ Control Module. In the build released this week (disabling) this option works differently than previously and is worth trying. But actually the accelerated scrolling model is what a lot of people choose, I know it for sure because I'm receiving a lot of emails with the (good) feedback regarding the accelerated scrolling.

By the way: both the Trackpad++ and Power Plan Assistant (my other tool for Boot Camp) are compatible with Boot Camp 5.0 / Windows 8 already.

Great thanks! BTW I keep getting W8 moaning about ppa_x64.sys not being officially signed. Is there a way to stop this? Thanks

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
This is the Power Plan Assistant's keyboard backlight management driver. Quite strange that you are getting this message. Could you try to reinstall the Power Plan Assistant, then reinstall the Trackpad++ (just in case). Note: please always exit the application from tray before reinstalling it, or the reinstallation may not be healthy.

edgeonaboat

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2013
Any chance that you are working on the Wireless Magic Trackpad? Specifically for Windows 8? I know it is not supported but at least some confirmation that it could come soon(ish?) would be great.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
No such plans, as of today. However, there are plans to make the Trackpad++ even better than it is today. Supported devices will be the same - basically the Boot Camped Macbook Retina / Pro / Air. But the existing features will be tuned and polished further, plus the new gestures could arrive.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
By the way, could anyone confirm if the website of the project (trackpad.powerplan7.com) can be opened from your location? Please let me explain: I am currently investigating the mysterious unavailability (as reported) from certain locations, so your feedback would be really helpful! Thank you!

rtheb

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
By the way, could anyone confirm if the website of the project (trackpad.powerplan7.com) can be opened from your location? Please let me explain: I am currently investigating the mysterious unavailability (as reported) from certain locations, so your feedback would be really helpful! Thank you!

Vladimir

No problems here using Firefox 20.0.1, Google Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64, and Opera 12.15 here in socal.

kalel90

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2013
No problems, just responded to you, you-know-where :)

Would it be possible to make some of those windows 8 gestures optional? I for example use start8 and completely disable the charm bar and start screen. I would really love to be able to have 2 finger back/forward instead of 3. Would this be possible in the future?

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
At this moment not possible. But better customization could become available in the future releases. If we talk about the gestures only, then, for now, you can choose between the gesture sets (with/without 3-finger dragging) and disable the gestures individually if you wish.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
By the way the investigation of the fact of unavailability of the project website from some locations seems to be over. The diagnose is: AT&T uverse currently has a DNS problem.

Last edited:

CocaCoca

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2010
THX for the tip Vlad. I've got a Q: do you plan to implement another zoom gesture? Seems like it's been removed from v24a. THX A 1000KG :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.