Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@CocaCoca: Zoom gesture is available if you choose the older gesture set (2.3d) during the post-install step. In the Trackpad++ version 2.4a you can have the following workaround: hold Ctrl and move 2 fingers up/down. Regarding the future improvements, well, everything (good) can happen. Just like the 3-finger dragging had finally become available in the Trackpad++ 2.4a, the pinch-to-zoom thing might follow. Keep an eye on the future updates...

Last edited:

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Can you add support for the Aluminum MacBooks? They have multitouch but support isn't listed on the website. Future update? Hopefully it's easy to add (the drivers must be similar to MacBook pros and MacBook airs).

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@lunaoso: I'm very sorry, but the Trackpad++ driver is (and will be) targeted towards the Macbook Retina / Pro / Air lines only.

@ALL: By the way the next major task will be to support entire Mid-2013 range soon after arrival, hopefully in June or July... Then I will work on supporting the upcoming Windows Blue (8.1), and will probably be adding the new gestures as well. I talk about the roadmap, and I think it's also a good time to talk about supporting the project... Please, consider a donation if you feel like Trackpad++ has just made your Boot Camp side competitive to OS X. Thank You!

Cheers,
Vladimir
Your Dev :)

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
Can you add support for the Aluminum MacBooks? They have multitouch but support isn't listed on the website. Future update? Hopefully it's easy to add (the drivers must be similar to MacBook pros and MacBook airs).

Um... for what it's worth, I donated for both PPA and Trackpad++ and am using them both flawlessly on my Late 2008 Aluminum Macbook (MB467LL/A). I has the exact same trackpad as the Pro's do so I gave the trial a try, worked perfectly and decided to pay for it to get keys so I can use it indefinitely. :)

It's simply a must have on Windows 7. The bootcamp drivers are garbage compared to the work that Vladimir has put into Trackpad++.

I'm sure you know where to get the trail for trackpad++, but just in case, here's the link, you're also going to need Power Plan Assistant, here.

Would just like to thank Vladimir once again for his awesome work. :)

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Um... for what it's worth, I donated for both PPA and Trackpad++ and am using them both flawlessly on my Late 2008 Aluminum Macbook (MB467LL/A). I has the exact same trackpad as the Pro's do so I gave the trial a try, worked perfectly and decided to pay for it to get keys so I can use it indefinitely. :)

It's simply a must have on Windows 7. The bootcamp drivers are garbage compared to the work that Vladimir has put into Trackpad++.

I'm sure you know where to get the trail for trackpad++, but just in case, here's the link, you're also going to need Power Plan Assistant, here.

Would just like to thank Vladimir once again for his awesome work. :)

Huh I tried it before and it didn't work. I'll have to give it another try. I have the MB466LL/A.

mbprnewbie

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2013
Cant Download 2.4a From Filecluster

Downloaded powerplan assistant from techspot because filecluster download is spam but only filecluster has trackpad++ 2.4a module. I'm running windows 7 on the most recent model of macbook pro retina. How can I download the latest version of trackpad++ because 2.3 would not work? Thanks.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
FileCluster is a good and trusted resource, it has excellent download speed and it's in fact an only official mirror, as of today.

Some revisions of the Macbook (non-Pro, non-Air) could be supported if Apple had installed the strictly identical trackpad device. However: please let me emphasize again, there is no official support from my side, so I cannot be responsible for anything related to old Macbook. Hope no bad feelings there...

To restate, the models which are officially supported (i.e. tested and confirmed) start from Mid-2009: all of the Pro, Air and Retina.

Last edited:

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@ALL:

If someone already got the brand new Mid-2013 Macbook Air, and is interested to get the Trackpad++ working with it, please contact me... Just a small and simple assistance from your side could really speed the things up!

khaneliman

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2013
I am having a real annoying bug with a fresh install of boot camp windows 8 professional 64-bit with trackpad++ where the touchpad tapping is hard to activate and 3 finger drag gesture automatically jumps to upper left hand corner of screen making it useless... I was wondering if you knew why this is happening on 2012 rMBP.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@khaneliman: Strange, as my remote "beta-testers" who own Retina Macbook Pro (both 15" and 13") confirmed that no such defects exist for them. Trackpad++ was designed to work with any screen resolution / DPI combination, which is again proven by people who have rMBP.

But still, what I personally would check, is your advanced DPI settings... Go to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Custom Sizing Options and try to enable or disable XP style DPI scaling. For an ultimate test, change this setting to opposite AND change DPI to 199%, to make sure the setting had been applied.

Just by the way, at 199% you still have all of the benefits of precisely double DPI, no pixel shift, but the advantage you get is (IMHO) much nicer mouse pointer and the few other UI elements are nicer, either.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@ALL:

If someone already got the brand new Mid-2013 Macbook Air, and is interested to get the Trackpad++ working with it, please contact me... Just a small and simple assistance from your side could really speed the things up!

Quarc

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2013
Strange, on my machine (MacBookPro Unibody 2011, Bootcamp 4.0, Win7 x64) the Trackpad++ doesnt work :( It doesnt activate/deactivate the pad on removal of the external mouse. That's what i'm actually trying to do.
In my hardware manager it have now 3 input devices: Trackpad++, HID mouse and external MS Mouse.

Am I doing something wrong?

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
I think its obvious why there is a weekly update. He now gets 2 shots every week for you to "accidentally" install the "Findr Toolbar".

Its presented in a way to make you think you are agreeing to the software install, but its just the toolbar. I imagine its just some crap toolbar, but I hate how I have to uncheck it every single time, when really nothing has changed.

I really pray for the day I can ditch this software and use a native driver from apple. The weekly updates, the spyware toolbar and the requiring a reboot just to "re-up" each week is sad.

Bingo.

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
Or just donate and never need to reinstall it again?

I donated, worth every penny and you get a personal serial. Seems like a no-brainer for all the work Vladimir has put in. :)

Donating is fine, especially if someone has worked hard and created a quality product. However, the fact that you have to update the driver every week or it self destructs is ridiculous. And the fact that it doesn't require this if you donate is just more proof it's ridiculous.

Name any other developer that requires that.

Vladimir would be better off selling this for a low price, $1-5 (or whatever), wiht no free version, then doing the whole you-must-update-it-weekly-or-i-will-brick-it nonsense.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
Right, I am not like any other developer. And never meant to be. By the way why for low price, and not for, say, $35?

Literally every day I am receiving feedback from people who are super-happy about the ability to use the software without any fees, with all the features available, and truly infinitely, unlike any sort of 'shareware' or commercial software. Also, isn't the size of donation completely voluntary? I couldn't imagine more fair scheme. Show me any developer who does that ;)

Finally, what a ****ing 'toolbar'? I never embedded any 'toolbar' into my software, so sounds like a joke. Ah, I got it, maybe Apple hired some 'agent' who is aimed to write destructive things, to not let the people keep enjoying their Mac in Boot Camp. Definitely Apple is not interested in letting people have the usable Windows experience. We all know why: not just because Apple 'hates' Microsoft, but, more prosaically, this would affect OS X app store sales, which is the same, if not larger business for Apple (vs. Mac hardware sales).

Quarc

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2013
Hey, well I must sy I see things exactly as Vladimir. Do a Donation and the update restrictions fall away. That free Software is offered with limitiations or advertising is so common, i don't see anything unusual in it. Vlad, keep on doing such good tools :)

But, Vlad, do you have a hint for me (see my post above)? My Tool doesnt activate the Trackpad when mouse unplugged :(

Thanks & regards,
Marc

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@Quarc: Having mouse you should be able to temporary disable trackpad input by right-clicking the Trackpad++ tray icon and choosing to 'Temporary Disable'. But automatically this does not happen, no such feature exists.

Quarc

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2013
Hi Vlad,

ah ok thanks. Sorry, i thought it's a feature, but with this popup menu button it's already far more comfortable then the way through the device manager.
But what i forgot to mention: The Trackpad, even if enabled, doesnt woprk with Trackpad++. The cursor doesnt react. The only action i can do is 3 Finger swipe, then it moves the cursor and selects text.
No single- and 2-Finger-Activity :(

Regards,
Marc

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@Quarc: This is extremely abnormal. Are you on the new Mid-2013 Macbook Air? If your model is older, then it shall be 100% supported. Finally, how exactly did you install Windows 8, I mean was it a clean install or over Windows 7? Ah, and what version of Boot Camp are you using (e.g. 4.1, 5.0)?

khaneliman

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2013
I still haven't had any success with the 3 finger drag feature that I have tried installing a couple times on win 7 pro 64-bit and win 8 pro 64-bit. I would like to help you if at all possible if you were wanting to get some info from how my computer is behaving with the boot camp 5.0 drivers and trackpad++.

Quarc

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2013
Hi Vladimir,

ok, i was quite confused myself :D Now i figured out what the actual problem is: It seems to work properly, but when i deactivate the Trackpad via your tool, the 3-Finger-Functionality keeps active. You know about this?

Regards,
Marc

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@khaneliman: 3-finger drag is THE feature of the Trackpad++, and in fact no user had ever reported it doesn't work, so, sure, I would like to help you. An idea: did you try to exit Trackpad++ Control Module from tray icon (right click its '++' icon for unveiling the quit option) and then reinstall?

@Quarc: Congratulations, you have just found a bug. An issue is, the option to disable trackpad was added primarily for testing purposes, and it doesn't disable device like Device Manager, but what it actually does blocks all the kinds of input individually (natively, i.e. inside the Trackpad++ driver). So, I forgot to block this specific gesture. This is it.

Is there a place for humor on these pages, I don't know, but, just to notice, the last two requests to some extent complement each other - only 3-finger dragging is working, and only 3-finger dragging is NOT working :)

Quarc

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2013
Ah ok thanks for answering :)

Yes the feedbacks are almost quite confusing and sometimes complementary :) Since a develop software myself a understand how complex such software is, even if it is seemingly a small tool.
Thanks for your work on it. If i get it to work propelry for me i'll buy a serialno.
Thanks and Regards!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.