Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@chrf097: Thank you for suggesting... Not keeping the Trackpad++ settings when upgrading is much safer between versions. A different approach is possible, but needs coding (and testing!) work. Can be a good thing for the future, thank you.

Last edited:

BentTable123

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2015
Has anyone tried out the microsoft signed driver that avoids the need for power plan assistant? Would be interested in how well it works out.

@superkrups20056: It's true that the currently shipped driver is not Microsoft-cross-signed, so Windows doesn't trust it, as explained in detail during the prerequisite Power Plan Assistant install. That's how it's been working all these years. Since you chose to not follow the first installation chain requirement (where it's needed to first install the Power Plan Assistant, and then Trackpad++), you are therefore observing such behavior (the watermark). The TESTSIGNING shall be enabled, or the driver will not be functional. One of the reasons why the Power Plan Assistant is the prerequisite component is that it (asks you and then) prepares the system so that no TESTSIGNING watermark is shown. Also there exists a standalone watermark remover, I can email it to you if you wish.
Alternatively, very recently it's become possible to request the Microsoft-cross-signed trackpad driver (basically, it's the same-as-current driver, every bit is the same, just signed by an authority and with Microsoft's own cross-certificate). You can contact me via email if interested in this option. Again, I can't put all the details there (see my previous posts).

sabrejunk

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
is it not possible to recreate the smooth gliding scrolling which you get in os x? the way it gently continues gliding when you do a two finger up/down scroll movement. i have installed trackpad++ (and of course, PPA), but i don't see any improvement in the trackpad while it's in effect*. in fact it has brought a problem where if i'm scrolling alot in one go, to somewhere much further up or down the page, it scrolls in small increments at first then suddenly jumps much further than expected. i really like the os x page scrolling, i wish i could have it in bootcamp windows.

*edit: when i say i don't see the improvement, i know everyone else does, so maybe i'm just missing it

Last edited:

calkenneth

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
Quick question related to the checkbox option to ignore all trackpad input while typing: how is that intended to work? I have that option enabled but my cursor still jumps around to different places in my screen when I'm typing, which I think is the exact behavior this option was intended to address. The end result is that I end up typing over text that is already there or I end up inserting text in a completely separate sentence.

Further, I can't seem to see any difference between that setting and having it ignore left click actions.

Can this feature be dialed-up so it really ignores trackpad input while typing?

Thanks!

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@BentTable123: The question expects some feedback from community, so I skip this one... (but I can assure that all of the features and gestures for 2/3/4/5 fingers are working identically, no matter is the driver cross-signed or not).

@sabrejunk: I haven't succeeded with such mode of scroll yet. There has been some progress, but no reliable operation yet. I was hoping that Windows 10 would make this feature available, but so far this only half-works (via so called Touch Injection API). And since this doesn't work reliably, I'm not adding this gesture yet. Also Apple trackpad cannot be presented to system as 'precision touchpad' device. If it was possible, such scroll would become available already...
A tip: by unchecking the 'Accelerate Scroll' option of the Trackpad++ Control Module you can revert to the same scroll behavior as expected with Boot Camp drivers. It's precisely the same behavior, because it's actually the Boot Camp driver itself handling the scroll when the 'Accelerate Scroll' is off.

@calkenneth: To check that this option is really working: please set it to 'Ignore All Trackpad Input', apply, then open e.g. Notepad, and start typing (better simply hold some letter) while moving the pointer. The pointer should stop immediately, and continue moving only after approximately one second after the key is not pressed anymore. Does this option work for you in such scenario?

calkenneth

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
@calkenneth: To check that this option is really working: please set it to 'Ignore All Trackpad Input', apply, then open e.g. Notepad, and start typing (better simply hold some letter) while moving the pointer. The pointer should stop immediately, and continue moving only after approximately one second after the key is not pressed anymore. Does this option work for you in such scenario?

What a great way to test this! I tried it and no, the option isn't working. When I start holding down a letter, I can still move the trackpad around. Doesn't matter if I am using Ignore All or just Ignore Left-Click Actions - the trackpda moves around.

I recently rebuilt my Boot Camp environment (gave the partition must more space). I should note that I had this problem before the rebuild also.

Thanks!

sabrejunk

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
@V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r: i am 99 percent sure that it is only since i started using trackpad++ that i have been having a problem where every 20-50 clicks in windows it right clicks instead of left clicking and then does it a few more times before going away again. i even tried using the mouse with trackpad++ program exited, but still it did the same thing. i even uninstalled it and it kept doing it. anyone else here had this issue? running windows 10 64 on a 2015 rMBP

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@calkenneth: Yes, it's the simplest test. I suppose after Boot Camp update something went wrong with your instance of Trackpad++. May I suggest the following: please quit the Trackpad++ Control Module from tray icon, then delete the folder C:\Program Files\TrackpadPlusPlus, then reinstall the Trackpad++ using the latest build from November 26.
Please let me know if this feature works for you now. Thank you.

@sabrejunk: Thank you for reporting. Could not replicate the issue so far. Important to know: as of today, even if the Trackpad++ is installed, the basic mouse emulation (i.e. tap/click with one or two fingers) is still handled by Apple-provided Boot Camp trackpad driver. Trackpad++ can configure those features, but they aren't Trackpad++ native. So should be no difference if Trackpad++ was never installed, installed and then deleted, etc.

calkenneth

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
@calkenneth: Yes, it's the simplest test. I suppose after Boot Camp update something went wrong with your instance of Trackpad++. May I suggest the following: please quit the Trackpad++ Control Module from tray icon, then delete the folder C:\Program Files\TrackpadPlusPlus, then reinstall the Trackpad++ using the latest build from November 26.
Please let me know if this feature works for you now. Thank you.

Hi,

Followed those steps and it's working again. Why would the feature suddenly disappear? If that were to happen again, is the solution to simply reinstall or will a reboot be enough?

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@calkenneth: Good to know all works for you again! Yes, maybe in the future you can repeat the procedure after Boot Camp update (I think that Trackpad++ got affected when you updated Boot Camp drivers).

calkenneth

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
I finally took the plunge and upgraded my Boot Camp installation to Windows 10 (build 10586). After having a lot of problems installing the Boot Camp 6 drivers, I finally resolved those problems with the help of the Apple support forums. It looks like a lot of other people had the same type of problems.

Anyway, I wanted to reinstall Trackpad++ but kept getting a Windows .net error right after I choose between a Mac Book Air or Mac Book Pro. I got similar errors when trying to re-install PowerPlan Assistant as well. I already have the Test Mode watermark on the bottom right so the system is allowing non-signed drivers.

I tried updating Windows to see if there was a new version of the .Net framework but there was nothing to update.

Any ideas?

Error message:
upload_2015-12-26_13-20-3.png

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80041313): The task object version is either unsupported or invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80041313)
   at TaskScheduler.ITaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(String Path, ITaskDefinition pDefinition, Int32 flags, Object UserId, Object password, _TASK_LOGON_TYPE LogonType, Object sddl)
   at TPPLauncher.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Trackpad++ Control Module
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/TrackpadPlusPlus/Trackpad++%20Control%20Module.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Interop.TaskScheduler
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/TrackpadPlusPlus/Interop.TaskScheduler.DLL
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8693 built by: QFE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
CustomMarshalers
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/CustomMarshalers/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/CustomMarshalers.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-26_13-19-38.png
    upload_2015-12-26_13-19-38.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 363

Whalensdad

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2006
I'm not sure if this is a Trackpad ++ issue, but when I try to do a screen capture of only a portion of my screen (like doing a Command-Shift-4 in OSX) the capture stops abruptly 80% of the time. It acts as if I took my fingers off the keys and thinks I have the entire area I want. I use OneNote (command-Shift-S) and hold down the lower left corner of the trackpad as I'm moving the pointer. Is there a setting in Trackpad++ or some configuration that is causing this behavior? This is getting frustrating since I do a lot of screen shots for various projects.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@calkenneth: Thanks a lot for reporting. Actually since July 29 and till today, as reported by hundreds of people already, something went wrong only for one other user. While literally hundreds of the Trackpad++ users had personally confirmed total success upgrading to Windows 10. I'm pasting the message from this only user who had also experienced the issue similar to yours. Maybe this will work for you. Sorry, but I cannot check, cannot confirm, as all of the upgrade paths always worked fine for me, and I tested many, many times.

Quoting the Trackpad++ user (Mr. Coenraad Stijne):
"After messing around with the Windows 10 upgrade, I reverted back to 7, but Trackpad++ no longer worked.
After uninstalling I tried to reinstall, but both setups failed with "The Task Image Is Corrupt Or Has Been Tampered With" errors.
The solution was to delete powerplan and trackpad++ related keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree
Just thought I'd pass on the solution for others who may have reverted their Windows 10 upgrade."

@Whalensdad: Thank you for reporting. It's not the issue of Trackpad++. This happens with pure stock Boot Camp drivers as well. Please try to drag with three fingers while holding your keys, as this Trackpad++ gesture uses all the trackpad surface, while the Boot Camp 'classic' dragging doesn't, and it's the reason, because what you do is effectively the dragging operation.

calkenneth

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
I tried everything I could think of but nothing worked. I ended up reinstalling Boot Camp from scratch with Windows 10. Worked then :)

BatKing

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2011
Has anyone tried out the microsoft signed driver that avoids the need for power plan assistant? Would be interested in how well it works out.

I'm currently using the signed version. late 2013 MBP 15. Updated to latest windows 10 (Nov update) from windows 8.1 initial bootcamp installation. Everything works. I'm not a expert user but all the basic gesture works for me.

Just one thing, I have to re-install Trackpad++ every windows update (8.1 to 10 to 10 Nov Update) otherwise, it complaints itself. the windows update experience and Bootcamp 6.0 driver installation was pretty smooth. No surprises. just a bit slow (about 3 hours each update)

Overall I think it worth it for the signed driver. no need to worry all those test mode stuffs.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
Very cool, nobody had reported a single issue during two months. So the recent Trackpad++ version is definitely very stable. Just I recommend to not try the unofficial 'next' Windows builds (RS insider preview, etc.). All works great with Windows 10 Fall Update + recent official updates. But Trackpad++ may not work with pre-release Windows versions. Just in case :)

Reactions: AbhimanyuAryan

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@All: Early-2016 12" Macbook has been fully supported this week, so the Trackpad++ driver is fully-functional now when used with Early-2016 Macbook running Windows 10.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Hi @V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r,

I'm having issue installing the trackpad++ driver. I followed the instructions, installed PowerPlan Assistant, run the trackpad installer and upon reboot an error is shown saying that the driver did not install correctly. Any ideas?

This is on a 2013 11" MBA running Windows 10 in Bootcamp version 6.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@stridemat: Could you try to delete the folder "C:\Program Files\TrackpadPlusPlus" and then re-run the installer of the Trackpad++. Actually in the recent build the sources related to supporting the 2013 generation of the Macbook Air were not touched all, so everything should install just as properly as in the previous builds.
Could you let me know if this helps? Thank you.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
@stridemat: Could you try to delete the folder "C:\Program Files\TrackpadPlusPlus" and then re-run the installer of the Trackpad++. Actually in the recent build the sources related to supporting the 2013 generation of the Macbook Air were not touched all, so everything should install just as properly as in the previous builds.
Could you let me know if this helps? Thank you.
Thanks. I'll give it a try at work tomorrow and report back.

calkenneth

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
Hi,

Windows Defender says that the file Trackpad_Plus_Plus_Driver_Control_Module_Setup_31e_06022016.exe has malware: Win32/Maltule.C!cl

I downloaded this file yesterday. Are you seeing the same thing on your sdie? Was the file infected somehow?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.